Cardo Scala Rider Helmet Comms

Hi Peter

I'm after a bit of advice. After problems with supposed can bus interference from my 1250 GSA with TFT and a constant buzzing through my earbuds in the 3.5mm jackplug when any Bluetooth connection is made on my Sena 20S Evo I exchanged them for a 30K system. The can bus interference is gone but I have had 3 30K sets now and they all buzz in the earbuds through the 3.5mm jack plug. I am at the point now where I am going to return them for a refund. I am now looking at the Cardo systems and would like some advice as to which system will meet my requirements. I want to connect the headset to the TFT screen, Nav 6 and a passenger. I plan to manage music and phone calls through the TFT by pairing my phone to the TFT and Nav 6. With this set up, is there still a connection left (Packtalk Bold) to connect my phone to the headset should I need to make any adjustments on the road via the app? I have no plans at the moment for bike to bike comms but who knows in the future as 1 friend currently rides with a 20S. However, I do want to be able to connect my Ultimate Ear custom earplugs and speakers via a 3.5mm jack plug. Which set do you think will meet my needs?

I hope this all makes sense, if not please feel free to PM.

Many thanks

Nigel

Hi Nigel, I'm not able to PM you unfortunately.

I'll answer what I can at the moment.

Point 1, the system is not set up to have the phone paired to your helmet as well as the Nav and TFT, so setting up really needs to be done whilst not riding.
2, Yes, you can plug in earplugs with a 3.5mm jack.
3. connections, that's where it gets complicated.

generally it is suggested to pair like follows:

Helmet paired to Nav and TFT
Nav paired to phone and helmet
TFT paired to helmet and phone
Phone paired to Nav and TFT

And you will still have the intercom channel available to talk bike-to-bike or with your pillion.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Hi Nigel, I'm not able to PM you unfortunately.

I'll answer what I can at the moment.

Point 1, the system is not set up to have the phone paired to your helmet as well as the Nav and TFT, so setting up really needs to be done whilst not riding.
2, Yes, you can plug in earplugs with a 3.5mm jack.
3. connections, that's where it gets complicated.

generally it is suggested to pair like follows:

Helmet paired to Nav and TFT
Nav paired to phone and helmet
TFT paired to helmet and phone
Phone paired to Nav and TFT

And you will still have the intercom channel available to talk bike-to-bike or with your pillion.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Thanks Peter

How you suggested pairing things is how I had them paired with the Sena, I take it the Packtalk Bold will do the same using mobile 1 and GPS? If then after I have finished riding and bike is all switched off, if I needed to, could I use the second mobile connection on the Packtalk Bold to connect to my phone to make adjustments via the app without affecting the other pairings or would I lose the GPS pairing because mobile 2 is either phone or GPS and can't do both?

Thanks again

Nigel

Thanks Peter

How you suggested pairing things is how I had them paired with the Sena, I take it the Packtalk Bold will do the same using mobile 1 and GPS? If then after I have finished riding and bike is all switched off, if I needed to, could I use the second mobile connection on the Packtalk Bold to connect to my phone to make adjustments via the app without affecting the other pairings or would I lose the GPS pairing because mobile 2 is either phone or GPS and can't do both?

Thanks again

Nigel

Hi Nigel, as the PackTalk Bold has 2 A2DP channels then I believe that connecting the phone to the PackTalk would take over one of the previous connections (either the Nav or TFT) and when you are finished making adjustments to the PackTalk then you will need to reconnect to the Nav and TFT correctly.

Regards.

Peter.

Hi Nigel, as the PackTalk Bold has 2 A2DP channels then I believe that connecting the phone to the PackTalk would take over one of the previous connections (either the Nav or TFT) and when you are finished making adjustments to the PackTalk then you will need to reconnect to the Nav and TFT correctly.

Regards.

Peter.

Hi Peter, thanks for the info. The 30K will allow you to have the TFT paired as phone 1, Nav as GPS and phone paired as phone 2 which will allow you to make alterations via the app should you need to without disturbing the other connections. But if they can't make a system where the 3.5mm jack plug actually works properly then the system is no good to me and I will be sending it back for a refund.

Thanks again for your help.

Nigel

Hi Peter, thanks for the info. The 30K will allow you to have the TFT paired as phone 1, Nav as GPS and phone paired as phone 2 which will allow you to make alterations via the app should you need to without disturbing the other connections. But if they can't make a system where the 3.5mm jack plug actually works properly then the system is no good to me and I will be sending it back for a refund.

Thanks again for your help.

Nigel

You're welcome Nigel, give me a shout if you want to chat about PackTalk.

As you cannot PM my email address is peter@creags.co.uk

Regards.

Peter.

Hi Dave, in the future, I expect eventually there will be a wireless system that will do all that you want, but I doubt in the near future.

As I say, the best compromise at the moment is using the PackTalk as described.

I hope this helps.

Peter.

Peter, I am in exactly the same place as Dave Henry was (is). One year on, are there any changes to the marketplace that would lead you to a recommendation?
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom