small bar grips... any good after market overgrips?

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having just PX'd my old bike, that had Oxford heated grips on it that worked very well indeed and gave a nice thick grip feel to the bike...
I've now gone back to the BMW skinny grips that feel quite small and feeble...

Whats the thoughts on the Grip Puppies (about £13.00 on-line), or the Grip Budies that NN does (but £27 or something plus post??)... or any other adter market ones on offer?

Had grip buddies on my last GSA - loved them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have grip puppies - helpful in a small way for knackered hands.

Buddies appear quite expensive for a bit of rubber you wrap around?.. and does the overlap where the velco is get annoying?

Puppies are a foam grip, Buddies are more substantial and give the same feel as a standard grip, just that bit thicker. The overlap is positioned in such a way as to avoid the fingers, but you have to position it correctly. The better option IMHO, others may not agree though

Puppies are a foam grip, Buddies are more substantial and give the same feel as a standard grip, just that bit thicker. The overlap is positioned in such a way as to avoid the fingers, but you have to position it correctly. The better option IMHO, others may not agree though

watched the Missenden Flyer bloke on you-tube fitting the puppies... he did have quite a fight with them so maybe not 'just foam'?... but get your point on the position of the joint...

Grip puppies or any similar foam overgrips make the feel way more comfy. I have them on mine and way better than standard grips for me.

watched the Missenden Flyer bloke on you-tube fitting the puppies... he did have quite a fight with them so maybe not 'just foam'?... but get your point on the position of the joint...

I use Grip Puppies or similar (copies on Ebay)

Use plenty of soapy water when fitting and they just slide into position. Once the water evaporates, they stay in place

plus one for grip puppies :D, Mind you although they do offer a better feel for me, Because they are a bit higher I am always annoyingly accidentally moving the thumb wheel on my Gs rallye and flicking between modes now ,Anybody else have that problem

Dave

I have had "grip puppies" on my bikes for a few years now.I find them easy to fit,comfy and better throttle control. Cheap as chips.

After experiencing puppies and buddies, I now just buy tennis racquet grip tape and secure it a little better with good quality plastic tape.
Works well and keeps original grips as new.

I’ve had Grip puppies on for 4 years now, but are now looking a bit worn out, I might give the Buddies a go.

That being said, they have been well worth the money for the comfort alone, and a slightly better throttle control as a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom