Advanced Training

Delboy777

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'd like to give a shout out for Get2Grips advanced training based in Perthshire. I did a one day course a couple of years back when i was already at a quite high standard what with being an IAM National observer and all that. He taught me more than i could have imagined in that days instruction, and it was a full day, not three or four hours then bugger off ive got your dosh. Roddy Benzies is his name, and he was, before he retired, the chief instructor at Tullyalan police college. I would highly recommend you spend a day with him and see your skills improve (even though you think your a riding god) you will be better by the end of the day. Just search Get2Grips motorcycle training. Im going to book another day with him soon. Cheers, Del:D

Good for you ... it can never hurt to go out with someone of this background and pick up a few tips :)

I did a whole day with Roddy, last year, and towards the end my brain was frazzled.

But it got my standards back up to where they should be.

I cannot recommend him highly enough for supporting and encouraging you to be the better rider you can be.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I had a two day introduction to advanced riding with Micky many moons ago, and it was a revelation! I've since progressed to be an IAM observer, but he was my inspiration. Try it!!!

I had a two day introduction to advanced riding with Micky many moons ago, and it was a revelation! I've since progressed to be an IAM observer, but he was my inspiration. Try it!!!

By gum Baz that was a long time ago :blush

Thank you

:beerjug:

Isn't it about time you came out of retirement then. Sure there would be plenty of eager students :beerjug:

Ha ha .... thanks for the vote off confidence WD ;)

I'm down in the Black Forest right now teaching a couple of 'students' new roads and how to drink the Weisse Bier :D

I'm down in the Black Forest right now teaching a couple of 'students' new roads and how to drink the Weisse Bier :D

Wish I was there! I've mastered the Weisse beer bit already!

I think a more central England one would sell well, weisse beer and whisky tempt you out of retirement :D

Theres a small gang of us going to the Black Forest in sept Micky can you advise on decent routes whilst there plz......... I was dressed in black and green the last time i was down there ohhhh some 40 years ago.

Theres a small gang of us going to the Black Forest in sept Micky can you advise on decent routes whilst there plz......... I was dressed in black and green the last time i was down there ohhhh some 40 years ago.

Im home tomorrow Lester ... will post something up later in the week. Reality is you quite simply can't go wrong :thumb2

I’ve just signed up with the IAM, really looking forward to improving my riding :thumb2

Ditto this Baz,
Our Micky opened my eyes (& ears, nose, tastebuds...) to a whole new world of riding when I completed my first introduction to Advanced Riding (2006 IIRC, Longtown & the best of the North).
Done Bikesafe, IAM and RoSPA since and feel it's probably about time for a refresher...
The day we stop learning is the day we die.
Cheers Micky (enjoy the Schwarzwald and pass my regards to all at the Waldblick ��).

Ditto this Baz,
Our Micky opened my eyes (& ears, nose, tastebuds...) to a whole new world of riding when I completed my first introduction to Advanced Riding (2006 IIRC, Longtown & the best of the North)

Cheers Micky (enjoy the Schwarzwald and pass my regards to all at the Waldblick ��).

Thanks Andy :thumb2

He was my Perspiration !!!

I particularly used to love it when passing over an ungated railway crossing and Micky used to shout through the comms "aaagghgh have you not seen the lights" !!!! :eek:
His impression of an intercity train is quite something :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom