Bonneville T100 2006 - Igniter Unit Issues ...

chopper_harris

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm looking for advice regarding ongoing electrical issues with a 2006 Bonneville T100.

After a winter lay-up, the old girl refused to start.

I noticed that after a day in direct sunshine, she started first turn.
Starting now depends on the weather, specifically the moisture level !

I have checked the crankshaft trigger, the air-gap is 0.9mm and resistance are spot on at 600 ohm.

I have tested the HT coil, again this is in-spec and I have also substituted a known good twin-cyl coil - the issue persists.

Does anyone have an igniter unit (ecu) for a T100 Carb Bonneville - the part number is T1292365.

This would enable me to test out if the current igniter unit has a hairline crack that allows moisture to reach the circuit board.

Has anyone tried one of the aftermarket igniter units - Procomm get largely positive comments, with issues around cold starting from some riders.

Any useful comments gratefully received.

Regards

Chopps

If no luck in finding a replacement why no stick yours in a bag of rice in a the hot press for a couple of days (Do houses even have such a thing nowadays?)

and give it a light sand and a few layers of lacquer?? and for good measure cover it in a layer of ACF or ACF corrosion block grease?

Just an Idea??

For folks on this side of the Irish Sea, I guess that a 'hot press' is an airing cupboard :)

No, we haven't had an airing cupboard in 20 years, but your suggestion is a sensible last resort.

Thx

That's the difference between carbed bikes and EFI models

The bike in the Triumph RAT link is an EFI that sounds to me had been fitted with a seat from a carbed bike

Whilst the seats are interchangeable the bases are slightly different. The tab the guy mentioned in the link is for locating the bikes handbook. Any half decent Triumph dealership would know that :augie

While you have it apart try cleaning all the earth connections even if they look fine, then treat all connectors with ACF50.

Back
Top Bottom