Starter Issue...

DeuceBG

Reaction score
Afternoon Learned Tossers.

Today my 2007 GSA has developed a problem which I'd greatly appreciate some help with solving.
When I press the Starter Button, nothing happens.
Dash stays lit, nothing clicks etc, but it's completely dead.
When I pull the Clutch, drop it into 1st and try again (whilst holding in the Clutch), all is well.
I'm going to investigate the Side Stand Cut Out Switch when I next get the inclination, but can anyone "In the Know" shed any light on anything else that may be the likely Culprit please?

Many TIA... :bow

I had the opposite on mine not long after I bought it. If it stalled it wouldn't start in gear. Was a faff trying to get it into neutral occasionally especially when off road. To re-start it.
New switch on the clutch lever fixed that. I wonder if it could also cause your problem too.

Might be.
Defo worth a look and a clean at least.
Thanks for that.

Might be.
Defo worth a look and a clean at least.
Thanks for that.

If you do take the clutch lever switch out to clean it - doing it in situ doesn't usually give a long-term fix - make sure you don't lose the little plastic pin that the switch pivots on.....it looks like a small, black drawing pin. When I did mine, the pin came adrift from the switch and disappeared into the pebbles on the drive - I found it after along time searching, which was good as you have to buy a complete switch to get the pin!

Pete

If you do take the clutch lever switch out to clean it - doing it in situ doesn't usually give a long-term fix - make sure you don't lose the little plastic pin that the switch pivots on.....it looks like a small, black drawing pin. When I did mine, the pin came adrift from the switch and disappeared into the pebbles on the drive - I found it after along time searching, which was good as you have to buy a complete switch to get the pin!

Pete

Don't forget the gearbox selector wiring at the rear of the gearbox, the connector can also cause problems too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys, that's the Weekend taken care of then.
Hope it's a simple Fix :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom