Better than a V47 ?

you surely don't carry that around then?

i don't even own a chain - that's surely a "london problem" and i don't go there

you surely don't carry that around then?

i don't even own a chain - that's surely a "london problem" and i don't go there

Me ? not a bloody chance in hell carrying that about with me. Thats what deters the scroates at home, its fitted to a double doofer ground anchor fixed to the wall with rawl bolts 2 feet up from the ground. Nobody is nicking this steed without making a noise, and then id be dropping on them from a great height.

Christ, i couldn't put my security chain in the topbox, it weighs a bloody ton ! 2M Pragmasis 19mm uncropable jobby :rob:green gri

Yeah, mines a 2 metre Pragmasis noose chain 13mm...... which is why its low ad central on the bike

Del, I had an Abus one that was cut through in seconds with a very quiet angle grinder - yours maybe thicker and take longer, but I suspect not massively more.

Was ok for the previous 10 years or so, but I now have four locks - one alarmed, a tracker, ground anchor, the bike has a factory alarm and a security camera. Do you know what, it only takes a minute or so to remove.

Mine sits in the front garden so may be at greater risk than yours, but bike theft isn't just a London problem.

Del, I had an Abus one that was cut through in seconds with a very quiet angle grinder - yours maybe thicker and take longer, but I suspect not massively more.

Was ok for the previous 10 years or so, but I now have four locks - one alarmed, a tracker, ground anchor, the bike has a factory alarm and a security camera. Do you know what, it only takes a minute or so to remove.

Mine sits in the front garden so may be at greater risk than yours, but bike theft isn't just a London problem.
Realatively rare occurance in my neck of the woods thankfully although it does go on, mostly off road motocross type bike getting nicked.This is about all i can do at the moment however the bike is kept at another address most of the time in a locked steel garage. Im not going to say where for obvious reasons but short of tying a couple of hungry dobermans to it every night i cant do much more.:confused::rob:D And i never leave the bike out front of the house, when i come home its straight round the back out of sight.

Ive mulled it over for a few days now and i think i will go for the Trekker Outback in Black. Im going to keep the V47 for everyday use at home and use the Trekker when on a trip (next one due IOM next year) Only £80 more than the trekker i first thought about, so seems like the right choice.

Don't forget you can re-key it to match the key your bike came with; only takes 30 mins or so.

Well i ordered the outback on Saturday, but for some reason it wouldnt accept my payment. So i tried phoning them on Monday, three times, and got nothing but a voicemail box. Got message from them last night promising to phone me today, guess what ? Yup you are right NOTHING so i tried another three times to reach them by phone this afternoon, no joy. So when i came home i messaged them and cancelled, fuck em if they dont want my money they can get stuffed !!

Well i ordered the outback on Saturday, but for some reason it wouldnt accept my payment. So i tried phoning them on Monday, three times, and got nothing but a voicemail box. Got message from them last night promising to phone me today, guess what ? Yup you are right NOTHING so i tried another three times to reach them by phone this afternoon, no joy. So when i came home i messaged them and cancelled, fuck em if they dont want my money they can get stuffed !!

:D ..... and relax ......

I bought the 48l kappa kventure for 350€ and I got it a week later

fair enough, of course the £/€ exchange rate helps a lot :p:D

Back
Top Bottom