Nav 5 going bong, bong, bong all the time?

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Got a new to me Nav 5 and took it for a spin this weekend and it worked well, Nav instructions okay etc, but then I noticed that every so often, i'd get 3 Bongs from the thing.. no idea why as it did not coincide with anything obvious.. but I could not shut it off.. only way I found was to play music and that stopped it...

Any idea as to what it is?.. I have all the alerts closed down I think?

Proximity alert. Speed limit or speed camera

But it did it loads of times coming through town.. and that's all 30 mph?

as I say, I thought all the alerts were turned off?

not that I know of.. does it keep on doing it when your over or just once?...

It keeps repeating on each occasion

da635f8c07840233b100b61ee8ab34c0.jpg

also beware that when it is "off the cradle" it will sometimes switch to "car" mode.

I found out that it can maintain two distinct profiles for alerts - so when you take it off the cradle, if it switches to "car" mode, it will show that alerts might be turned off - but when you put it back in the cradle it will revert to the "motorcycle" profile where alerts might still be active.

just worth checking if you think all alerts are turned off - they might not be.

It keeps repeating on each occasion

da635f8c07840233b100b61ee8ab34c0.jpg

thanks Andy.. that one was ticked.. so you were right.. see if it works better now.. but for some reason my Q1 Scala won't keep switched on now!!

Your welcome, please take note you are now required to attend a UKGSer speed awareness course.

And before you start fretting, if bike not used for 2 weeks and Nav5 is in the cradle, charge it up for a hour before you go out, otherwise it will not switch on, also when you turn the bike off make sure you turn the Nav5 off also on the screen, otherwise it will not be off, just in sleep mode, and battery will go quickly.

I leave mine in Car Mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and that's fine - but i was really just raising awareness that the device operates 2 profiles - you can think you are altering alerts and switching them off but if you are altering the 'car' profile then they will still alert when it switches back to bike mode.

Back
Top Bottom