Best armoured vented gear for summer use?

pint6x

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for a jacket and trousers with the appropriate safety armour, which can be used in the summer, so it must allow plenty of breeze to get through so that I'm not sweating like a Geordie in a spelling test.

Any recommendations? Preferably not BMW gear at £1,000's of pounds.

Doesn't have to be 'off-road' gear.

Thanks

6X

No experience of vented trousers. But have just completed 2500m around Europe wearing a Richa Scirocco jacket. It has mesh panels on the chest, arms and back, so very well vented. It comes with a waterproof, breathable lining and a thermal lining. It comes with D30 armour (narrow back protection). Very pleased with it, especially for under £130 from Ghost Bikes. Just be aware, they are on the small side. I had to go up one size.

Rode around Italy, Austria and Germany last year in Revit Airwave gear. Excellent for riding in the heat and has decent armour in it too. :thumb2 Far cheaper than the likes of Rukka/Klim etc and well up to the job. Would recommend without hesitation. Picked up mine from FC Moto.

Combine it with a decent wicking underlayer and you'll be well equipped for the hot days...

I have the Rukka Airider jacket and trousers and would reccomend. Don't buy in the UK as you won't need the warranty as they're not waterproof. Got mine on eBay from fcmoto for a great price. They replaced a Dianese air frame jacket and it's like night and day.

Still get to work with a terribly sweaty back though but that's the back protector. Rukka always has big armour but that's my preference anyway.

Rode around Italy, Austria and Germany last year in Revit Airwave gear. Excellent for riding in the heat and has decent armour in it too. :thumb2 Far cheaper than the likes of Rukka/Klim etc and well up to the job. Would recommend without hesitation. Picked up mine from FC Moto.

Combine it with a decent wicking underlayer and you'll be well equipped for the hot days...

Agreed. I have the Rev It Airwave 2 jacket and pants. Been wearing the jacket this week in France . Wished I’d bought the pants with me as too hot in my Rokkers.

I was recently in France and Spain when the heatwave made the temperatures rise to 42 degrees. I chose to take with me my Blade Klim Jacket which is light weight compared to the badlands gear and for trousers I took a pair of BMW Summer 3 pants bought off of this parish for £80 and the combo worked perfectly for me.

I wear a Klim Induction jacket and kevlar lined jeans. TCX X-Cube Air boots and Alpinestars SMX-2 air gloves. I also use Pod K8 knee braces.

The big improvement to keeping cool is the Macna Dry Cooling vest under the Klim Induction jacket.

I use a Rev'it Chronos GTX jacket with Airwave 2 trousers in the warm weather.

The Chronos comes with a stand alone inner Goretex jacket.

i use dainese air frame jacket ,it has a micro thin removable goretex liner ,so this can be taken out and used as an air jacket ,or if its breezy I slip it back in ,wear it nearly every ride from june to sept , then I wear A belstaff

No experience of vented trousers. But have just completed 2500m around Europe wearing a Richa Scirocco jacket. It has mesh panels on the chest, arms and back, so very well vented. It comes with a waterproof, breathable lining and a thermal lining. It comes with D30 armour (narrow back protection). Very pleased with it, especially for under £130 from Ghost Bikes. Just be aware, they are on the small side. I had to go up one size.

+1 and good with BMW Summer troos. With rain and thermal liners installed have even used my Scirocco as a good 3 season jkt!

I have the Rukka Airider jacket and trousers and would reccomend. Don't buy in the UK as you won't need the warranty as they're not waterproof. Got mine on eBay from fcmoto for a great price. They replaced a Dianese air frame jacket and it's like night and day.

Still get to work with a terribly sweaty back though but that's the back protector. Rukka always has big armour but that's my preference anyway.
Me too, almost exactly the same circumstances except I added a BMW cool down vest- brilliant for extreme temps if you can get past the initial soggy feeling.

Me too, almost exactly the same circumstances except I added a BMW cool down vest- brilliant for extreme temps if you can get past the initial soggy feeling.
The only change I'm about to make is swapping my Forcefield level 2 back protector for a Rukka D30 Air All back protector as I've just looked and seen they're now level two which should hopefully be a bit better. Sportsbikeshop are doing them cheap but September delivery...

I have the Rukka Airman trousers and jacket which I use in the US. Last year North Cal but the year before south Cal and the deserts. This year Arizona and Utah.
Very light weight and mesh. Unfortunately they are an older line and I really don't know what has replaced them. I love the jacket as its a longer cut with a large pocket at the back.

Just got a Knox Urbane Pro shirt - will see what it's like at the weekend with any luck...

To the OP - have you got yourself sorted yet? I'm about to list a Dainese Air Flux jacket which is a full on mesh jacket. No liner so dry days only unless you have an over jacket. Size 56 but Dainese stuff normally comes up a bit smaller than that in the real world.

Back
Top Bottom