New 998cc 2020 Deauville?

Jersey.

They have since changed them for Crossrunners.

Another very good , very overlooked bike. The significantly changed Mark 2 was a much better, & better looking, bike than the ugly duck Mark 1 but by then the damage was done . I remember a few years ago reading a Bike Magazine group test against a Tiger 800 and a MV 800 Turismo Veloce , if igured it would come last but I think they all voted for the Crossrunner. If it had DCT i would buy one .

I think a more road biased touring AT with a totally reliable shaft drive would be a good idea . Aren’t bike getting bloody expensive though !!

Bikes have migrated from a viable means of transportation to toys. Toys are expensive. Probably the greatest ripoff ever. And they’re not even made to a good standard. Imagine telling a car owner to cover it in acf50 and wash after every drive. Fuck sake. And their getting away with it. A Honda 175 was made better than a modern bike. People talking rubbish about biking season ect. JJH

Heavy 238 kg the same weight as the trophy 1200 I traded it in for. JJH

That is heavy for a 700cc twin,

As heavy as my 1000cc Moto Guzzi, but not nearly as good or interesting, I can’t think of more than one thing it does better,

The one thing that it has a plus point is that like your nephew, I could leave it outside in the foul weather and not care for it in the slightest :D

You traded a 1200 Trophy in, have you ever had an interesting bike, or have you always gravitated to the dullest of bikes, I bet you had a super dream in the past :D

Rd 250. Lusted after a wet dream. I’ve had a few bikes in my time. Let me see what would meet your approval. A fazer 1000? First one. Sorry I sold it. Replaced with a 1150 rt. Another bike I loved was a 1200gs. I’ve had a fjr capponord plenty of RTs GSAs f800GSA current bike is a RT and trying to trade for a F850adventure rally. Not getting far. Dealers trying to rob my bike. JJH

I didn’t trade my Trophy in. Dealer got it back. Nothing but trouble. Broke down on day 2. And most weeks till dealer reluctantly agreed to take it back. Replaced it with a bandit 1200s. JJH

Rd 250. Lusted after a wet dream. I’ve had a few bikes in my time. Let me see what would meet your approval. A fazer 1000? First one. Sorry I sold it. Replaced with a 1150 rt. Another bike I loved was a 1200gs. I’ve had a fjr capponord plenty of RTs GSAs f800GSA current bike is a RT and trying to trade for a F850adventure rally. Not getting far. Dealers trying to rob my bike. JJH

Which of those bikes could you ride around all day, motorway included, at below the speed limit and when you eventually get to your destination, be dissapointed because you had arrived?

Whichever of those that could do that was an interesting bike,

I have a Fazer 1000, it gets you places fast, it’s not very interesting though, after a few hours you want riding it to end.

It’s very hard to just ride below the speed limit. I just love riding. Any bike that will keep up with traffic on a motorway or a bit more. JJH

No. I said it’s hard to ride below the speed limit. Nothing to do with the bike. JJH

No. I said it’s hard to ride below the speed limit. Nothing to do with the bike. JJH

What is hard about riding below the speed limit?

It’s easier but less exiting, you don’t have to keep an eye out for plod, everything happens at a slower pace,.

And you then find out whether it’s the bike or the speed that is exiting

What is hard about riding below the speed limit?

It’s easier but less exiting, you don’t have to keep an eye out for plod, everything happens at a slower pace,.

And you then find out whether it’s the bike or the speed that is exiting

Try it here. You would literally get run over by busses and trucks. I sometimes drive busses and although busses are limited to 100kmh and trucks are limited to 90 they sometimes fly past you on the motorway even though my bus is on the limiter. The roads are not policed as heavily as in other countries. There is one particular bus company that when I see their busses looming in my mirrors I just take evasive action. It’s well known in the industry. I’m not going to name them. On roads where busses and trucks are restricted to 80kmh you would find yourself being overtaken by 8 wheelers on a double white line. Of course it’s no excuse for speeding (which I don’t your honor). JJH

Try it here. You would literally get run over by busses and trucks. I sometimes drive busses and although busses are limited to 100kmh and trucks are limited to 90 they sometimes fly past you on the motorway even though my bus is on the limiter. The roads are not policed as heavily as in other countries. There is one particular bus company that when I see their busses looming in my mirrors I just take evasive action. It’s well known in the industry. I’m not going to name them. On roads where busses and trucks are restricted to 80kmh you would find yourself being overtaken by 8 wheelers on a double white line. Of course it’s no excuse for speeding (which I don’t your honor). JJH

So in a country that consists mainly of rural roads, you use main roads and motorways,

I would have thought your roads are as policed as my roads, and your drivers are as bad as the drivers on the roads around here,

I don’t use those roads if I can help it, I avoid them, they are dull to ride, I would rather drive on them.

Anyhow, to conclude, if your bus and lorry drivers are nuts, if you can only use main roads, if someone else is paying, if you don’t ride for fun, but need fully panniers up touring machine, if you don’t mind it being dull, with a dull name, then Honda have a chance to sell you the perfect vehicle, the market must be huge,
Ps who is going to buy the other one :D

hey hey

fantastic video showing what a good rider can do. just look how he passes people. Putting their knees and feet out, spending big money and getting trannced. Shows the difference between talent and poncing about. Perhaps we could all learn something from this ?

fantastic video showing what a good rider can do. just look how he passes people. Putting their knees and feet out, spending big money and getting trannced. Shows the difference between talent and poncing about. Perhaps we could all learn something from this ?

There is a lot of scraping sounds from the undercarriage, so use someone else’s bike is the lesson I learned.

Back
Top Bottom