New 998cc 2020 Deauville?

team duvet

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
From a French mag. ...The new bike is using the current 998cc twin-cylinder motor from the firm’s Africa Twin DCT – so the new bike will only be available without a clutch – and it’ll have a Cardan shaft drive . There’s detail in the information that the French title has from its sources too; the bike’s seat will be less than 800mm tall, it’ll make around 95bhp and it’ll weigh 260kg in road-ready trim. The new Deauville (it’s worth mentioning that there’s no confirmation that the bike WILL be called this, it’s what the French are calling it right now) will also get huge panniers as standard that will be able to hold a full-face helmet.

And electrically-adjustable screen, top-flight electrics and a price tag of around £13,500 are on the cards also.

Honda reliability and do a million miles ? TD :thumb2

Attachments

• BDFE80C3-9A26-4680-8D19-BB45F172BD9E.jpeg
    BDFE80C3-9A26-4680-8D19-BB45F172BD9E.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,019
I always wonder why Honda stoped production of the deauville and the pan. I’m sure they know what they are doing but they allowed other manufacturers a open field. JJH

Looks ok and acceptable to the point, just like the old ones did. However I can not accept that lower front end as being finished. Something is missing?! Oh yes paint on a mudguard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wonder why Honda stoped production of the deauville and the pan. I’m sure they know what they are doing but they allowed other manufacturers a open field. JJH

Go on then, I'll bite :D

What other manufacturer, and with what bike, stepped into the breach and produced a bike so anodyne, so bland & and so lacking in any of the qualities that make motorcycling fun as the Dullsville or Pan :nenau

Andres

What other manufacturer, and with what bike, stepped into the breach and produced a bike so anodyne, so bland & and so lacking in any of the qualities that make motorcycling fun as the Dullsville or Pan :nenau

Andres

I’ll bite your bite.

I agree with you on the above BUT if they are fitting the AT DCT motor then that part of it certainly isn’t anodyne or boring . It looks boring but may be a great commuter and tourer for old knackered midgets/Mickys :)

yes i agree Mr Arsey. Before I had my RT which was the bike I had before my GS which is the bike I have now i had a Dauville and i really liked it so with a different gearbox i think it will be really nice

Andres

Nobody could quite manage it. BUT into the void left by the pan strode the RT ( which sold well in its own right but must have picked up some more sales). When the loyal pan customer looked to change their bike they have a choice of a RT FJR GTR K1600 but not a pan. The deauville 1 example I know of is the Irish army who have 40 deauvilles to replace. Their current ones replaced their previous deauvilles. They are currently undergoing a tendering process to find a replacement. I’ve had 2 deauvilles bought new in 2001 and 2002. My brother had 2. Nothing wrong with them except a lack of power. Mabey not all that exciting but they weren’t meant to be. I traded my deauville in for a 1200 Trophy. Big mistake. Nothing but trouble. My brothers last deauville was traded for a F800gt. He doesn’t like chains. The pan has a huge following. There’s a chance I’d be riding one myself if there was a choose. I have a 2016 Rt which I’m thinking of trading. Won’t be for a pan. Last bit Who says their not exciting? And even if their not that exciting not all riders are looking for excitement. Some just want go about their daily commute or work without too much excitement. Some people do other things for excitement and pick the most efficient means of transportation to suit their needs. JJH

Nobody could quite manage it. BUT into the void left by the pan strode the RT ( which sold well in its own right but must have picked up some more sales). When the loyal pan customer looked to change their bike they have a choice of a RT FJR GTR K1600 but not a pan. The deauville 1 example I know of is the Irish army who have 40 deauvilles to replace. Their current ones replaced their previous deauvilles. They are currently undergoing a tendering process to find a replacement. I’ve had 2 deauvilles bought new in 2001 and 2002. My brother had 2. Nothing wrong with them except a lack of power. Mabey not all that exciting but they weren’t meant to be. I traded my deauville in for a 1200 Trophy. Big mistake. Nothing but trouble. My brothers last deauville was traded for a F800gt. He doesn’t like chains. The pan has a huge following. There’s a chance I’d be riding one myself if there was a choose. I have a 2016 Rt which I’m thinking of trading. Won’t be for a pan. Last bit Who says their not exciting? And even if their not that exciting not all riders are looking for excitement. Some just want go about their daily commute or work without too much excitement. Some people do other things for excitement and pick the most efficient means of transportation to suit their needs. JJH
Exactly, exciting bikes on a Sunday are a pain in the arse Monday to Friday and not everyone want exciting in the first place . :thumb2

Exactly, exciting bikes on a Sunday are a pain in the arse Monday to Friday and not everyone want exciting in the first place . :thumb2

Indeed, but I think you're equating exciting with the polar opposite of a Dullsvile.

It's quite possible to have a bike that's both exciting and practical. If my only criteria for a bike was that used by JJH I'd give up bikes and buy a car..................and then kill myself :D

Andres

Do these people wear a hi vis saying Polite on the back? :D

Indeed, but I think you're equating exciting with the polar opposite of a Dullsvile.

It's quite possible to have a bike that's both exciting and practical. If my only criteria for a bike was that used by JJH I'd give up bikes and buy a car..................and then kill myself :D

Andres

Oh shit. I have a car a grand c max. I’m probably not even a real biker at all. Do you know where I’d get one of those polite jackets? JJH

Oh shit. I have a car a grand c max. I’m probably not even a real biker at all. Do you know where I’d get one of those polite jackets? JJH

I’ve loads, let me have your size and I’ll get one in the post to you :)

Andres

Seriously some people just use a bike as a means of transportation. I remember pulling in beside a HSE (probably equals NHS) medic on a Harley all liveried out with blue lights and so on. We got talking about work and enevitly we knew the same people. Went for a coffee and started talking bikes. He said that he wasn’t into bikes at all and he was only riding a Harley because that’s what they gave him. He had no interest in bikes at all only to ride it to do his job. Do you think a pan or a deauville would be suitable for his needs? Bye the way if I fall into that category I don’t mind. Although I spend my own money on bikes. JJH

Andres

Completely agree , after just owning a Cross tourer DCT for only 8 weeks I think you are right.
Bike was fine and a good mode of transport, except for the weight and the lack of any fun whatsoever compared to previous bikes meant it had to go.
Just wasn't for me.
I thought I could overlook the lack of cornering ability and massive weight with the bike for practical reasons.......No chance.

Seriously some people just use a bike as a means of transportation. I remember pulling in beside a HSE (probably equals NHS) medic on a Harley all liveried out with blue lights and so on. We got talking about work and enevitly we knew the same people. Went for a coffee and started talking bikes. He said that he wasn’t into bikes at all and he was only riding a Harley because that’s what they gave him. He had no interest in bikes at all only to ride it to do his job. Do you think a pan or a deauville would be suitable for his needs? Bye the way if I fall into that category I don’t mind. Although I spend my own money on bikes. JJH

I see those people every day, lots of people on 125’s

How big a market do you think there is for means of transport riders with no interest in bikes, in the 1000cc size?

Were they given those 125s or did they but them? Just to clarify the earlier posts I made here the number of bikes sought by the Irish army is 48 not 40. I’m not sure how big the market is but it is huge. Garda used pans and deauvilles as did the AA. If there was one available when the time comes to change I’d consider buying one. I can’t speak for others but there are many deauvilles and pans on the road here that are ripe for change. Do you think there is no market for a 1000 cc Deauville? Or is it that you just don’t like the idea of one? JJH

Can't you all see how this is upsetting Andres.

Someone needs to tell Honda to not, under any circumstances, call the new NTV1000 a Deauville. Maybe it's a French conspiracy anyway.

Were they given those 125s or did they but them? Just to clarify the earlier posts I made here the number of bikes sought by the Irish army is 48 not 40. I’m not sure how big the market is but it is huge. Garda used pans and deauvilles as did the AA. If there was one available when the time comes to change I’d consider buying one. I can’t speak for others but there are many deauvilles and pans on the road here that are ripe for change. Do you think there is no market for a 1000 cc Deauville? Or is it that you just don’t like the idea of one? JJH

I don’t think that there is a market, especially if it’s as bad a design as the dullsville 700, which despit being a twin, is one of the most time consuming bikes to service, or as bad a handling with kit, as the ST1300,

Most service bikes I see ar FJR1300 or bmw, police or blood, or paramedic, I have never seen the 700 as a service bike,

If it’s going to compete with those, then it needs to be better, and it needs to be interesting to ride as well, because the biggest market is not service bikes, it’s average punter who likes big touring bikes, the service bit is just the icing on the cake,

And average punter seems to be getting older and less in numbers,

I won’t be replacing my interesting touring bikes with one, and I commute on a Honda CBR250R

What sort of numbers do you think are a huge number, because 48 doesn’t seem a lot, not even 48,000:nenau

Back
Top Bottom