KTM 1090

Welshboxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just phoned my local dealer to ask for a test ride, to be told KTM no longer make the 1090, but could test ride a 1290 or 790.

That didn't last long.

Both, so I am led to believe. Saw a new 1090 for sale for £9k and an R for £10495

Thanks, looking at couple of used ones, privates sales but I think the owners are in for a bit of a shock, price wise.

Since 790 release earlier this year 1090 gone out of production according to my source of information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great value on the last few leftovers, I had an S for a while as I got a bargain price in a used one when KTM were giving away new ones about 18 months ago, it was a really good all round bike.

My understanding is the 1090R is very well rated as an off-road bike with a better suspension setup than the 1190R - but I am sure the 790R is way superior so depends what you want, if i wanted to do off-road I would fine the little bit extra for a 790R, if I wanted to do predominantly road miles then the 1090R would be my choice...

...But as I don't go off road and mainly do European trips the 1290S is perfect for me,and there is no way I would take a £15k off-road, I have a 15 year old DRZ400S for such tasks - I can afford to drop that.

That's a real shame. If I had to replace my 1190R tomorrow I'd go for the 1090R in a heartbeat. I'm not sure I'd go for the 1290R as, for some reason, it just doesn't appeal and having ridden a 790S a fair bit the R would have to be a whole lot better to get a look in.

Andres

Yes it is a pity the 790R is so expensive and I can’t see a used one at a decent price come up soon.

That's a real shame. If I had to replace my 1190R tomorrow I'd go for the 1090R in a heartbeat

You might not "have to" but with that statement perhaps you want to?

I think they will be sought after in coming years, a bit like 990's were (Still are?) when the 1190 came along....

...not so much the S Model, but still a bargain if it fits your needs.

I think they are still made and sold elsewhere but not for the UK market for some reason.

Still on the KTM.com website as a 2019 model bike.

...Or America, I thought, but they do appear on the website as you say, so maybe I'm wrong about that?

Back
Top Bottom