XR Configurator

iandavid

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Interestingly the BMW configurator no longer lists the XR! I thought the rumour was for a new model in 2021?

Interestingly the BMW configurator no longer lists the XR! I thought the rumour was for a new model in 2021?

I recall seeing an article in the press a few weeks back and it was around the model line up for the US markets

The big scoot was dropped, and i'm sure they said the XR too, but i cant for the life of me recall why ...

I'll do a trawl through my news feeds to see if i can still find the article

Wel the configurator was working a week ago for sure.

All they will do is add keyless ignition and stick a TFT sreen on it and say job done, they might stick in the new RR engine if they can find one that works.

Think I like the current one as it is with analogue clocks much simpler, I do like keyless though as it saves that untimely rummage when your fully kitted up, the ferry doors have opened and your at the front :D

well curiosity got the better of me so I just had to check.

After 5 minutes configuring all the the current XR models via the BMW configurator without any problems I have to conclude that you have all been looking in the wrong place, either that Or I have exclusive rights to the BMW website :D

It's looking like the 900XR with the chinese engine from the 850.
If so I cant see it being a big seller.? Personally I'd like the current XR with LED lights,TPM,Grips that work and a comfort setting.

It's looking like the 900XR with the chinese engine from the 850.
If so I cant see it being a big seller.? Personally I'd like the current XR with LED lights,TPM,Grips that work and a comfort setting.

And keyless & TFT dash. Won’t be long. ;)

I have not had a problem with the comfort or heated grips, both better than my GS to be honest. I hope they keep the clocks and just stick the variable cam engine in :D

I have not had a problem with the comfort or heated grips, both better than my GS to be honest. I hope they keep the clocks and just stick the variable cam engine in :D

the TFT screen is a sure-thing - all bikes a re going this way - whether we like it or not - the current LCD screens (and those in my 2016 GSA) look like they re from the dark ages now - like an old calculator or something!

What bar vibes? :nenau

The ones reported in every road test ever and which every rider apart from you experienced.

Three mates had the XR,two the supposedly updated model with different bar end weights.

All couldn’t live with the awful vibes at around 5k revs so all sold.None of them know each other .

The ones reported in every road test ever and which every rider apart from you experienced.

Three mates had the XR,two the supposedly updated model with different bar end weights.

All couldn’t live with the awful vibes at around 5k revs so all sold.None of them know each other .

Every road test EVER? And EVERY rider?

:jes:jes:jes

Bravo went to test ride the current model as the remaining ones are being heavily discounted. Dealer has sold the demo bike which is a good sign of a hurry to clear the decks for an autumn release of the new version. Probably a cosmetic upgrade only, with telly dash and new tasteful colours in brown and yellow like the RS...

new version. Probably a cosmetic upgrade only, with telly dash and new tasteful colours in brown and yellow like the RS...

Poor show if that's all they can do especially as Ducati will be bringing out the new V4 Multistrada.

Poor show if that's all they can do especially as Ducati will be bringing out the new V4 Multistrada.

Im still not convinced the Multi V4 will make an appearance this year... We had spy shots of the V4 Streetfighter this time last year and it took another year for it to come out (assuming it does come out at EICMA).

RBW.

Back
Top Bottom