Off road tracks in Wales

Matt2376

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Need some help here, The missus and I want to sling a tent on the ol’ GS and go away for the weekend.
I have in mind The Black Mountains and Elan Valley.
Does anyone know of any good off-road tracks that are free to ride along and not to crazy as my off road experience is zero.
Ideally I see us riding (2-up) in the middle of nowhere, stop,put a tent up for the night and then move on in the morning.
Any help with be greatly appreciated.

Matt

So you want your first off road experience to be on a big bike, two up and loaded. What could possibly go wrong.

I dont mean OFF ROAD OFF ROAD, I mean gravel track or something, something thats not an A or B road basically.

Look at Tregaron on google maps and from there follow tracks east. You’ll go through heath and woodland so plenty of places to pitch up. Mostly tarmac tracks so easy enough two up. As part of your route you can easily add Elan valley into this or other.

Enjoy
Glenn

lots of roads around Elan valley are single track lanes ,plenty to choose from ,id just ride find a nice spot ,pitch up and enjoy....mind the sheep though they are randy things

Look at Tregaron on google maps and from there follow tracks east. You’ll go through heath and woodland so plenty of places to pitch up. Mostly tarmac tracks so easy enough two up. As part of your route you can easily add Elan valley into this or other.

Enjoy
Glenn

Thanks G&T thats the perfect advice i've been looking for, a point in the right direction.
Very much appriciated.
Thank you and to you to DC.

Take a block of wood to put under the side stand because some of the roads around there have a nasty camber and yours wouldn’t be the first one to have a lie down when it all gets a bit too much :blast

Back
Top Bottom