Pairing Interphones with Cardo

Nutty

Reaction score
Just a heads up, as Cardo and Interphone were 100% adamant that this isn’t possible, but we’ve been able to pair two Interphone Tour intercoms, and a Cardo Scala, and have three way conversations with ease.

To anyone interested, you pair ONE of the Interphone units to the Cardo. Also obviously pair both Interphone units to each other.

To get a 3 way group chat going, you turn on the Interphone that’s paired to the Cardo first. Then turn on the Cardo, and pair both units. Then turn on the second Interphone, and connect that to the other Interphone. And bingo, all done!

You cannot connect the second Interphone to the Cardo, as both units will only connect to one different brand directly at the same time.

If you have another brand of intercom, chances are that this will also work with them, so give it a whirl before listening to the manufacturers, as they just want you to buy more of their units.

I seem to recall that pairing another make requires use of one of the 2 BT channels from each unit, so loss of either music/phone or GPS directions.. we had endless fun with this sort of issue cardo/sena on a recent tour, the BT connection was not very reliable!
its almost like the manufacturers really dont want people to do this!

I seem to recall that pairing another make requires use of one of the 2 BT channels from each unit, so loss of either music/phone or GPS directions.. we had endless fun with this sort of issue cardo/sena on a recent tour, the BT connection was not very reliable!
its almost like the manufacturers really dont want people to do this!

We’re not interested in directions or music when all paired together, so it’s not been an issue. The good thing with these units is if they go out of range, reconnection is very easy, even automatic occasionally, depending on which unit has dropped out.

Just a quick note on this subject, the days of each different manufacturer only being compatible with its own systems are over. All of the current Freecom 2+ and 4+ range and the current PackTalk range will connect with current year units from the other popular Bluetooth comms manufacturers.

I know this doesn't help if you have an older unit, but if you happen to be thinking about upgrading at some point soon, you no longer need to worry so much about lack of connectivity with other systems.

Ride safe.

Peter. :thumb2

We’re not interested in directions or music when all paired together, so it’s not been an issue. The good thing with these units is if they go out of range, reconnection is very easy, even automatic occasionally, depending on which unit has dropped out.

reckon you were fortunate, re-acquiring connection was a 'mare, we had a sena 20s that we paired with a cardo packtalk using 1 BT channel, the connection kept dropping out and then would not re-acquire unless we stopped and the 2 of them faffed about with it! They gave up in the end, as no-one wanted to listen to the lad with sena anyway!

reckon you were fortunate, re-acquiring connection was a 'mare, we had a sena 20s that we paired with a cardo packtalk using 1 BT channel, the connection kept dropping out and then would not re-acquire unless we stopped and the 2 of them faffed about with it! They gave up in the end, as no-one wanted to listen to the lad with sena anyway!

If the cardo dropped out, I’d have to disconnect both, with a single click. Then another click and they reconnected straight away, one after the other. If the Interphone dropped out, it would automatically reconnect when back in range. I was surprised how easy it all worked tbh.

If the cardo dropped out, I’d have to disconnect both, with a single click. Then another click and they reconnected straight away, one after the other. If the Interphone dropped out, it would automatically reconnect when back in range. I was surprised how easy it all worked tbh.

I suspect that most of the issues they encountered were down to "user error"!
It was entertaining and yet somehow infuriating at the same time.......ah well, I just turned the volume up and let LP distract me

Back
Top Bottom