Recommendation Please: Multi Bike Policy

Wegby

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Afternoon all

I currently have 3 bikes on my current policy and have recently bought another which I need to pick up in the next week or so.

My current policy (through Motorcycle Direct), only allows a maximum of 3 bikes; one option they have suggested is to cancel / renew with a 4 bike policy, but they've advised that none of their insurers / underwriters allow a policy to have more than 4 bikes on it.

Presently, that wouldn't be an issue, but if I were to have a few too many lagers one Friday night and purchase a 5th on ebay, I could run into a problem...

So, having seen some evidence on this website that there are some who walk among us with >= 5 bikes, who do you get insurance through and are there limitations to your policies?

The sales rep I spoke to this afternoon is trying to get me a policy quote that uses my NCD on a 'mirrored' basis; while this would work, it could result in having multiple policies that aren't synchronised with one another. While this isn't a major stumbling block, I've heard it's recommended to keep all of one's eggs in the same basket...:augie

Thanks in advance for any helpful (or amusing) comments.

I've got nine bikes on one policy with Footman James....although they're all classic.

I have a mixture of classic and modern (6) insured with Hiscox (RHS) who advertise on here.
Very happy with them so far!
BeMoto also good.

Back
Top Bottom