Hi everyone, newbie from Shropshire

Mulcher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks, newbie dropping by to say hello. I moved to lovely rural Shropshire a few years ago with my trusty Tiger 1050 which I’ve had from new. In over 38K miles it’s never let me down and has been a joy to ride and own. Wish I could keep it but it’s gotta go to make way for a GSA Rallye TE.

I’ve just got back from the dealers after ordering one for delivery first week of September. Very excited as you might well imagine.

Never had a BMW before so looking forward to learning from The Collective of Tossers 😁

Here’s a pint on me from the virtual bar 🍺

Cheers

Welcome Mulcher, nice purchase.... I spent a few days over your way recently, great roads, stayed in Ludlow. The Bur Way was interesting, and great fun to ride over and back. :rob

Thanks Big Al, i’ve ridden Hardknott and Wrynose but not got round to the Burway, which I hear is even more challenging. Have you done the other two, how does it compare?

Hi Fellow Newbie, Im located in Shropshire too

The 1250 GSA is stunning! I've ridden one, I have a 1200 GSA Twin Cam which I love, but maybe one day :)

Hi Rivrab, good to “meet” you :beerjug:

We’re certainly blessed with great roads and scenery in good old Salop and so close to the biking Nirvana of Wales too!

I’m near Whitchurch, whereabouts are you?

Good man, we’ll have to start a Retired Salopians Rideout Club. I expect we’ll be able to fit our Zimmer frames in those giant BMW aluminium panniers :D

Hi Mulcher and apologies for the massive delay in responding, I haven't checked for a reply for a very long time plus I don't find this forum easy to use.
I'm based in Hodnet so nearby to you.
If you respond to this message we can talk about a meet up possibly at the Midway Truck Stop ?

No need to apologise, I’m pleased you’ve popped back in. I think it would be good to have a local boys meet up and, now that The Raven is no longer an option (boo hoo), then the Midway sounds like a plan ��

No need to apologise, I’m pleased you’ve popped back in. I think it would be good to have a local boys meet up and, now that The Raven is no longer an option (boo hoo), then the Midway sounds like a plan ��

Greetings Mulcher.:beerjug:

Has the Raven shut down.:confused:

That’s news to me too, so I just googled it and their google page entry says “permanently closed” . Plus there seems to be something on Facebook too from Lynn on 24/12/2019 saying thanks to all the well wishers, well miss you etc etc.

Yes, I’m afraid it has.

Latest scuttlebut from a source close to Lynn & Pete says the landlord has been trying to oust them for a number of years: unspecified “pressure” and not doing repairs, etc, and they’ve finally given up.

He is now rumoured to be doing all the necessary repairs with a view to his wife reopening the place in March(ish) – presumably to cash in on the good reputation gained by all Lynn and Pete’s hard work over the years.

Ma Bakers run by Dave is just a few doors away from the Raven :thumb2

Yes, I’m afraid it has.

Latest scuttlebut from a source close to Lynn & Pete says the landlord has been trying to oust them for a number of years: unspecified “pressure” and not doing repairs, etc, and they’ve finally given up.

He is now rumoured to be doing all the necessary repairs with a view to his wife reopening the place in March(ish) – presumably to cash in on the good reputation gained by all Lynn and Pete’s hard work over the years.

If that's the case I'll be giving it a miss and try Ma Bakers as Paul suggests. Thanks for the heads up.:thumb2

Ma Bakers run by Dave is just a few doors away from the Raven :thumb2

Never heard of this one but will look out for it next time I'm passing.

The fish and chip restaurant next to the filling station is also worth a try.:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom