Talk me out of a K1600 ...

A bike for old men, you ain't old:beerjug:

Look up the u tube video of a BMW M2 four wheel drive against a K16 GTL two up by the way.....on a drag trip.........your as old as your bus pass ......
Shinyface408

Look up the u tube video of a BMW M2 four wheel drive against a K16 GTL two up by the way.....on a drag trip.........your as old as your bus pass ......
Shinyface408
if i wanted a out and out sporty i would have got one.

Cheers all, you talked me out of it, thanks! Maybe one day though ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Funny you should say that.....
This is all anecdotal, from a good friend, yesterday. One of his workmates who I've met a couple of times on ride outs and and always rode GS's (used to be on here), anyway, he had one and had no end of trouble with it. Apparently CW's in Dorset who he bought it from didn't even want it as a trade in:eek: and he couldn't even sell it to another mate he has in the bike trade as he knew the trials he'd had with it. He managed to trade it in at a Harley dealership and is now the proud owner of a 19 plate Street glide and loves it! As I said, all anecdotal but he must have had a serious tussle with CW's for them to take that attitude.:nenau

Hmm. I have heard similar stories from three separate dealers (one BMW) who said they wouldn’t touch one as a trade in.

Hmm. I have heard similar stories from three separate dealers (one BMW) who said they wouldn’t touch one as a trade in.

I have never had an issue trading mine in at Park Lane, I’m happy to say.

So in the end, I popped in to Premier Bikes to buy the 68 plate r1200rt they had, but Darren insisted I try the 13 plate Triumph trophy se they had in.

An hours test drive later and the deal was done for the Trophy. What a great bike! Like what a modern Pan European should be. Quick enough, very comfy, really nice quality finish, good mirror, controls and screen layout. Can’t quite understand why they don’t make them any more.

So in the end, I popped in to Premier Bikes to buy the 68 plate r1200rt they had, but Darren insisted I try the 13 plate Triumph trophy se they had in.

An hours test drive later and the deal was done for the Trophy. What a great bike! Like what a modern Pan European should be. Quick enough, very comfy, really nice quality finish, good mirror, controls and screen layout. Can’t quite understand why they don’t make them any more.

If, I may say an excellent choice, although I'm a tad biased having a T12 and 3 other Triumphs.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Just shows we are all different. 5 years ago I was hell bent on buying a Trophy, so test rode the Trophy first, nice bike, thought the menu system was rubbish and the bike felt very top heavy, but I could have managed. Then test rode a K1600 and finally a RT. The RT won hands down. Rode that one for 20k over 2 years, now on a 1250RT.

I'd have thought the cost difference between an 18my RT and a 13my Trophy would be around £8000 then when you factor in the service intervals on the Trophy at 10k and the RT at 6k then the Trophy is looking very appealing given the purpose for which it has been purchased :thumb2

Yep, just blasted into work on the TTSE, I’ve done about 1500 miles on it so far since I got it a couple of weeks ago, and liking it more and more. And the balance is likely to become ...

d569226382e7d9983dc00e67cd80a9e1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'd have thought the cost difference between an 18my RT and a 13my Trophy would be around £8000 then when you factor in the service intervals on the Trophy at 10k and the RT at 6k then the Trophy is looking very appealing given the purpose for which it has been purchased :thumb2

That really depends on service costs. Think Triumph are more expensive than BMW, might be wrong, but I took that into consideration when I bought the RT. I also did a lot of lurking on the Trophy forum to get a feel of what owners thought. The Trophy is a good bike, just not quite as good as the RT. But we are all different :)

Service costs will be minimal - I’ll do it meself.

Enjoy the Trophy, Nin. I seem to remember there was a cracking bargain up for sale on here not long ago (13 plate at about £5 and a bit. A year earlier and I would have had it instead of the Pan. (But I'm enjoying the Pan and it's a dawdle and enjoyable to work on.)

Back
Top Bottom