Let the de-farkling commence

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After much deliberation and delays caused by work/family/charity work I have finally put pen to paper and and ordered a new GSA.

Most, if not all of the farkles on the 2016 GSA will be removed prior to the change and I made a start today by removing the front light guard, touring screen with Cymarc supports and the Touratech tool box.

Much more to do, but I have nearly four weeks to do it in.

Recently did the same going from 1200 GS to 1250 GS. Not too bad doing the removal, but reinstating on the new bike took longer than expected, partly through forgetting how it all fitted due to a changeover time gap, but mainly due to a bit of perfectionism leading to taking the opportunity to improve some of my mods. So I took the opportunity to re-position my second horn, had a bit of a re-think on the routing of some of the extra wiring, plus added on some improvements like a full size 12V socket to take a car 12V usb power adapter for my satnav phone, rather than adapters for the DIN type socket.

Annoyingly I have failed to find the plastic oil filler plug, I won’t be letting the sexy non tamper metal one go with the old bike. I have tidied the garage and found some other things which, is a bonus just not the bits I needed. I gave in and ordered a cap, o ring and wrench from Motorworks.

Completely de farkled, of course I found the missing oil filler cap after I bought a new one from Motorworks.

Most bits will be refitted on the new bike, although the Puig side panels were brittle so I’ve ordered the Wunderlich side bags.

Fingers crossed I’m collecting on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom