Thoughts on this?

Ran an LCRT for 2 years and 20k miles. Never needed one of these...
I would normally fit a fender extender, but with the extra lower plastic bits in front of the exhaust headers on the 1250, I've heard clearance is marginal. Anyone know?

I would normally fit a fender extender, but with the extra lower plastic bits in front of the exhaust headers on the 1250, I've heard clearance is marginal. Anyone know?

I put the fender extender from Nippy Norman on my 1250. No issues with clearance

Yep, fitted the 1250 extender from Nippy on Thursday, fits fine, close but there is clearance. My one off my 1200 did not fit :)

Got on of theses fitted to my '16 plate GSA LC, absolutely brilliant, superbly made like all evotech stuff and looks like its part of the bike
Craig

Fitted this and, as cjw said, it's excellent. The only thing I didn't like was that the two bolts supplied were M6x40 button head allens. The originals were Torx, of course - much better, I think. I don't particularly like allens, especially in a small (4mm) size. Now sorted via eBay :D

Can't see the point. A fender extender is the thing that will be saving the exhausts.
Saving the exhausts? Are they in the firing line for serious harm? And, anyway, aren't they made of steel, unlike the more vulnerable engine cover?

This is to protect the front engine cover from damage. That's probably the reason why Cymarc (Marc Hooton on here) make the Crudcatcher, why Wunderlich make their equivalent and why Evotech make theirs. Apart from that, I can't see any use for it at all :D

With the fender extender fitted, the engine cases still get some crud, but not crazy high velocity blasting. I have looked around a fair few bikes and there just isn't much damage to that part (with the extender fitted). It is the exhausts that start to look sad.

With the fender extender fitted, the engine cases still get some crud, but not crazy high velocity blasting. I have looked around a fair few bikes and there just isn't much damage to that part (with the extender fitted). It is the exhausts that start to look sad.
Right... Have you seen where the new lower fairings are on the R1250RT?

1c912cfc2262b5fb41be46aba2e57354.jpg
d703182e7ec0edb02237611ede67c220.jpg

When I bought my first boxer in 2015 I read about these concerns on various forums so I went to look at all the second hand boxers for sale in Riders at the time. I couldn't see much evidence of engine cover damage on any of them so I concluded that it didn't appear to be a significant problem. I guess you'll just tell me that Riders had done some skillful "touching up" on the used bikes.

When I bought my first boxer in 2015 I read about these concerns on various forums so I went to look at all the second hand boxers for sale in Riders at the time. I couldn't see much evidence of engine cover damage on any of them so I concluded that it didn't appear to be a significant problem. I guess you'll just tell me that Riders had done some skillful "touching up" on the used bikes.

I won’t be telling you anything, mate :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps they all had "crud catchers" fitted and had removed them when they traded in their bikes........just my ramblings :rob:doris

Doh - obviously I hadn't thought of that :jager I did buy a fender extender (this was an RS, I think it was a Pyramid one from memory) but took it off as soon as it was clear that it was contacting the tyre. 4 years later and no significant damage to the front of the engine.

Back
Top Bottom