Hotel / pub / bnb west of Derry

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Heading for Leenane in September and taking her nibs. As she doesn't do pillion these days, we're doing a fly drive tour of the WAW (ish) tacked on. Aim to do accomodation on spec but not the first night. So recommendations please for a hotel / pub with rooms within an hour or so and West / Sw of Derry airport?

The City hotel in Derry is good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you are going west of Derry Peter I stayed in The Lagoon Bar & Restaurant near Kilmacrennan last year and whilst basic enough, the room grub and beer were all good. Expect to pay around £70 for a double room. Handy if you are going towards Gweedore to pick up the WAW to head south towards Dungloe, Glenties and Donegal town.

Alternatively Jacksons Hotel in Ballybofey comes recommended although I haven't stayed there myself. It is on the more direct road from Derry to Donegal town and you can expect to pay in the region of £80 for a double.

Both can be found on booking.com.

HTH

Thanks lads. :beer jug:

Aidan: the Ballyboffey hotel looks like it might suit Mrs Sb’s exacting tastes! Ta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a long time since I was up there but Jacksom's used to be a very lively spot.

Sent from a U11

Back
Top Bottom