Rattling engine and seizing exhaust flap.

Kevin Ash wasn't on a motorway...

True, but the whole accident was caused by high speed instability. Hence the standard fitting of a steering damper, shortly after several more experienced stability issues.

Ok, what about the chap in South Africa riding down a normal road, when his rear wheel collapsed? I could list many more examples. ;)

True, but the whole accident was caused by high speed instability. Hence the standard fitting of a steering damper, shortly after several more experienced stability issues.

Ok, what about the chap in South Africa riding down a normal road, when his rear wheel collapsed? I could list many more examples. ;)

That's complete bollocks !

There was nothing wrong with his wheel ! His front forks collapsed :D

The bloke's wheel that collapsed was on the motorway :blast

Listen chaps, all bikes have their problems in one way or another. The manufacturers, are ALL guilty of using their paying customers as beta rider's and they all indulge in cost cutting at the behest of the bean counters. So any reference i make to any other bikes, is said tongue in cheek. So ride what you've got and enjoy. :green gri:D

Listen chaps, all bikes have their problems in one way or another. The manufacturers, are ALL guilty of using their paying customers as beta rider's and they all indulge in cost cutting at the behest of the bean counters. So any reference i make to any other bikes, is said tongue in cheek. So ride what you've got and enjoy. :green gri:D

thats true.
issue bmw have is, they have sold ALOT of bikes.

so for example, if 10% of all bikes have problems thats alot of broken bmws.
take the Yamaha xt1200z, for example which is renowned as an ultra-reliable bike, but since 2010 only 900 have been sold in the UK. 10% of 900 is 90 broken bikes over a 9yr period.
BMW sold over 2000 1250's in the UK in the last 12 months alone.

its very crude maths, but you get the point.

We don't know what happened, as sadly any info bmw had was not presented at the coroner's inquest.

Personally I think it should have been adjourned, as it is in criminal cases, until any civil action was finished.

There is the possibility, that the anecdotal evidence suggested, there was an underlying problem with stability.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It's actually spelled Qashqai, if anybody was interested :nenau

I've also ordered a GSA1250, I'll get it on the 3rd.
there is a funny fact, I've tested their demo GSA 1250, and IT HAD THIS PROBLEM... and also the from tyre was noise like hell.I've told it to the sales guy and it sound (obviously) strange to him.
I've tested a second one (esclusive TE non Adventure), guys, it was like a Swiss watch!

It sounds like BMW QA hasn't done a great job this time.
I'll take care to show this thread to them ahead of my delivery so that they can check and avoid giving me an already faulty bike.

Best
p.

Back
Top Bottom