Rattling engine and seizing exhaust flap.

bloody pisons dissolving now.. what ever next.... should have bough a Honda Cub... my mate has had one for 35 years.. still going strong at 75K... A GS is hard pushed these days to get to 10% of that :blast

Such a shame

The 1200 GS LC is without doubt the best do everything bike I’ve ever had, but it’s the only one that’s ever had half it’s guts replaced as well

If the 1250 is going to be more of the same I can’t see me staying with BMW when it comes time to change

Wonder when Honda is gonna replace the Crosstourer????.......

bloody pisons dissolving now.. what ever next.... should have bough a Honda Cub... my mate has had one for 35 years.. still going strong at 75K... A GS is hard pushed these days to get to 10% of that :blast

Quick look in the garage John, I hear munching. :D

I ordered a new 1250, collecting it in two weeks time. After reading this thread I’m thinking: OMG what have I done :blast :tears

I ordered a new 1250, collecting it in two weeks time. After reading this thread I’m thinking: OMG what have I done :blast :tears

Relax, you'll be fine.

They're a great bike - ignore the prophets of doom, most are still setting the timing with points and a Gunson strobe...

Do not let it wreck your happy day, its only a wind up, for sure a few with have the odd problem, like with anything new, but I doubt they will have a massive failure rate.

Do not let it wreck your happy day, its only a wind up, for sure a few with have the odd problem, like with anything new, but I doubt they will have a massive failure rate.

Yes - no more problems than the 1200 engine had in its first year.

BMW reliability for the 1200 and 1250 is becoming more known in the non BMW biking fraternity and it will make people think... If Hondas cross tourer is improved then BMW will feel the pain.

This is my last BMW for a while. Seriously thinking T700 in 18 months and a nice fazer 1000 to blow the cobwebs away.

Fear not, it’ll be fine. You only ever hear bad stuff on forums.

I wonder what they actually do with the Engines that are returned? Do they really just go in the bin or is there a wee bloke in a shed sorting them?

Relax, you'll be fine.

They're a great bike - ignore the prophets of doom, most are still setting the timing with points and a Gunson strobe...
This is my Gunsons timing light for the other bike lol 45 years old no tax no mot £65 fully Comp insurance.
PS My 1250 is fine so far fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 51CEF0CD-CC87-40DD-9879-11DBE91E121E.jpg
    51CEF0CD-CC87-40DD-9879-11DBE91E121E.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 321
  • 8030F925-7D26-4D85-99B1-3AC915076865.jpg
    8030F925-7D26-4D85-99B1-3AC915076865.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 315
This is my Gunsons timing light for the other bike lol 45 years old no tax no mot £65 fully Comp insurance.
PS My 1250 is fine so far fingers crossed.

And that’s a very nice bike, used to envy the 400/4 back in the day!

I’ll be out on my 80’s throwback tmoz :)
8531ca2c9ec30e27d8fd5ef5b09b4d30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice Mark I know which of my bikes get the glances and it isn’t the BMW lol

Back
Top Bottom