Rattling engine and seizing exhaust flap.

I've also ordered a GSA1250, I'll get it on the 3rd.
there is a funny fact, I've tested their demo GSA 1250, and IT HAD THIS PROBLEM... and also the from tyre was noise like hell.I've told it to the sales guy and it sound (obviously) strange to him.
I've tested a second one (esclusive TE non Adventure), guys, it was like a Swiss watch!

It sounds like BMW QA hasn't done a great job this time.
I'll take care to show this thread to them ahead of my delivery so that they can check and avoid giving me an already faulty bike.

Best
p.

Yep you tell them UKGSER,s finest are watching, that will scare them to hell. :hippy

Update, for those who are empathising, “sorry sir, that’s another week it’s been our back”

“They all do that”
(I made that bit up)

I’m wondering at which point it starts to become silly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwoody predictive text “that’s another week it’s been put back”

Yeah mebbe you are right. If the wait means that I’ll get an engine without the problems then I don’t mind (as long as it doesn’t drag on)

Someone I know ‘claims’ he got a new bike following a rattle-fest on the way back from JockLand!

Was at the HD rally in Baildon over the weekend with Hogley ;) its amazing how many people with HD's also have a GS....

anyway, couple on guy's there I was talking to from Stoke area.. one on a GS and one on a Dyna... they should of been doing the NC500 run but the bloke on the Hog, his 1250 was in doc due to.... you guessed it... cam issues :eek: he was also waiting for a date to be confirmed but for new cams...
I obviously put him right on what he should expect (ENGINE) but he was okay with what was being done :blast

His millage was 2500 from new so they do appear to show up early on maybe?...

Wonder out of how many 1250 engined bikes sold, how many have this issue, I would suspect not that many. BMW must have done 100,000 miles in testing so this must be a manufacutering problem rather than design or it would have shown up before. I have 400 miles to go then on mine :)

May be a batch thing as said.. like the 1200's maybe .. one big batch from 2013 to 2017 (that I know of) :yelrotflm:yelrotflm:yelrotflm

Was at the HD rally in Baildon over the weekend with Hogley ;) its amazing how many people with HD's also have a GS....

anyway, couple on guy's there I was talking to from Stoke area.. one on a GS and one on a Dyna... they should of been doing the NC500 run but the bloke on the Hog, his 1250 was in doc due to.... you guessed it... cam issues :eek: he was also waiting for a date to be confirmed but for new cams...
I obviously put him right on what he should expect (ENGINE) but he was okay with what was being done :blast

His millage was 2500 from new so they do appear to show up early on maybe?...

I think the record is circa 600 miles with that poor South American geezer and the rattle from hell!

(They all do that, Sir)

Wonder out of how many 1250 engined bikes sold, how many have this issue, I would suspect not that many. BMW must have done 100,000 miles in testing so this must be a manufacutering problem rather than design or it would have shown up before. I have 400 miles to go then on mine :)

Both my tits are on manufacturing defect.

And I bet my arse it’s originated from an Asian supplier, Chinese most likely.

Just saying

Well, great news, new engine arrived today :) install is planned to start a week on Tuesday and I hope it’s an engine without the common faults in it! I’ll have another three year warranty to find out!

Well, great news, new engine arrived today :) install is planned to start a week on Tuesday and I hope it’s an engine without the common faults in it! I’ll have another three months of the new warranty to find out!

Corrected.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom