2011 GSA vs 2018 GSA

Matt2376

Reaction score
Hi all,
I currently own a 2011 GSA and am thinking of making a leap to a 2018 model.
Has anyone gone from this era of air cooled and into the more modern LC's
Basically, is it going to be worth the £10k upgrade?

Any words of wisdom please.

Hi all,

Not sure if GSAs are very different but I have a twin cam and my wife has an LC GS - all be it a 2014 but I don’t think they’re that different from the 2018. I’ve also had a 1250 for 2 days.
The 1200 LC is different ergonomically with a lower seat, sit in feel and a ‘hint of a sport tourer’. The engine produces faster acceleration but less low down torque - we are often in different gears going slowly through villages.
The 1250 has the characteristics of the TC, with all the low down torque, but quicker.

You need to test ride the LC really to see the difference.
Personally, even if I had a spare £10k I wouldn’t upgrade to the LC (it seems a lot to me) but my wife absolutely loves her bike - so they are different.

Perhaps you’re talking about the 1250? Well I would upgrade if I had the money, actually not I wouldn’t as I’d rather spend that much money on trips - but that will depend on your circumstances.

Good luck :thumby:

Hi Rode 2016GSA Demo, hated it against my 2015 LC, then last year rode 2018 GSA... Chalk and Cheese about covers it so bought it never looked back you will love it when ride it ... good luck

Hi all,

Matt, I came from a 08 GSA to a 15 GSA onto my current 2018 GSA - rather that write war and peace happy to have a chat with you sometime if you like. I would PM you but note your not yet a subscriber, join the forum - only 12 quid and great value - allows messages and buy and sell options.

When i had my 2011 GSA i demo’d the 2014 GS LC and it felt a major step forward it was like the brakes were seized when i got back on my GSA.

These days ive got a 67 plate GSA, red with tft bought used recently and i absolutely love it, saw 68mpg commuting to work last week mainly motorway crawl, on the way home i was blatting it on the country lanes great fun. I dont see a need for anything newer (for me) ive blown 18k on a new triple black before (boring colours tbh) this one was approved used with 4k miles and was a bargain price.

I pretty much sounds like i woundn't regreat it if i made the leap :)
To be honest, living in Burford in the Cotswolds i'm in motorbike heaven really :)

Back
Top Bottom