Michelin road 5 trial superb.

CNC-REPAIRS.Co.UK

Reaction score
Just a post to sing the praises of the Michelin road 5 trial tyres wet or dry these tyres are amazing I’m more of a fan of corners so I do push the tyres.I’m so pleased with how they last I managed to get 6k out of the front which I’m super pleased with!

Attachments

• 468195A1-4FD1-4BD4-87B6-6EC16B05C8CB.jpg
    468195A1-4FD1-4BD4-87B6-6EC16B05C8CB.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 4,009
For being a fan of corners there's a lot of unused rubber on your tyre??
They do grip very well wet or dry but it's easy to almost ride off the edge of the rear.
IMG-20190729-213716.jpg

I was a bit concerned with the wear on the edges early on. This is with about 1k miles on. Still able to get over 6k out of a pair though so no worse, wear wise, than other tyre I've used.
P1040046.jpg

I just took off the R5s at 4.5k to fit the Anakee Adventures for a few months. The R5s have loads of tread left although the rear has squared off slightly. The air cooled tyres are quite slim so it is easy to get off the edge front and back. The softer compound roughs up easier than the centre section which is what you can see in the photos, and it seems to happen quite quickly. Great tyres though. I will be interested to see how long they last when they go back on later in the year

Last time I looked on Michelin website they weren't a recommended fit any ideas why? What tyre pressures you using. I mainly run 32-36 front 36 rear 42 2 up or loaded.

Definate thumbs up for the R5T. By far the best road tyre for the GS.

I run 36 front, 42 rear solo, but I ain't a lightweight...

Send from somewhere, sometime, somehow...

My last set of PR5's lasted 12k miles with thread left. Good tyre indeed, but I do think the front feels a little nervous when new due to a rather pointy profile.

I prefer the feel of Dunlop Roadsmart 3's which I had previously, they looked promising for wear when I had them on, but had to change prematurely at some 9k miles due to a rear puncture.

My last set of PR5's lasted 12k miles with thread left. Good tyre indeed, but I do think the front feels a little nervous when new due to a rather pointy profile.

I prefer the feel of Dunlop Roadsmart 3's which I had previously, they looked promising for wear when I had them on, but had to change prematurely at some 9k miles due to a rear puncture.

Bloody eck 12k and 9K I aint a fast rider but do ride 2 up a lot, and only get half of that, I think you are talking about KMS and not miles as most of the English always talk in miles...........;)

Bloody eck 12k and 9K I aint a fast rider but do ride 2 up a lot, and only get half of that, I think you are talking about KMS and not miles as most of the English always talk in miles...........;)

Nope, being the kindhearted gentleman that I am, I did the conversion for you guys that still live in the past and use archaic units of measurement. Just about 20000km.

Don´t know why I seem to get good mileage on tyres. I'm a big fella at 193cm, some 130kg+ with gear on and about half of the mileage done with luggage on tour in the alps etc. Have been known to break the speed-limit, occasionally in a almost criminal way ;) I do however like to think I'm a reasonably smooth rider.

No two up however. Ladies need to be able to ride their own bike to be welcome on my rides.

Please tell us how to get 12K from a set of tyres

Back
Top Bottom