Sprockets

Wardy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, off on a little bit of tet soon, and running 15/47 sprockets. As its first time, dont know whether to go down to 14 on front ? What does everyone use, and is it worth changing, still got loads of life left in them at the mo. Cheers Steve.

I have put an extra tooth on the front to give my Xco longer legs and better fuel economy. When you're like me and do big mileage days and have to work the same day it all helps. For instance, down to Pembrokeshire for the day last week (505 miles return)... Plymouth tomorrow (265 each way?)

I would like to have a look at some of this TET thing - the little bit I have done in the Peaks is actually good tarmac and what I would call an ordinary road, so my sprockets are fine for it.

My sertao has a 16 stock on front and I use a 15 on the trails. I find that second is great for ponytreckin on trails. 16 quid I think deliverd and no need to shorten the chain. 14 may be handy on even more nadgery trails but you may find 1st never gets used . 1 tooth down of a 16 is 6% slower at same revs. Sertao rev limiter comes in at 94 with a 15. When going 15 to 14 is about 7% HTHY

Cheers guys, thanks for replying, think I'll stick with what ive got on, maybe take a 14 along for the ride, just in case lol.

15 will be fine. Bwlch y rhiwgr will be a bugger whatever size sprocket you've got on!

Back
Top Bottom