New GSer from Wiltshire

Stu23

Reaction score
Hi all, Stu here.

Now 61, I’ve been on two wheels since I was 17. In that time I’ve had a few Japanese, a Norton, Ducatis, a Bimota, a Guzzi or two, an HD for 5 days :)blast) and several big Triumphs, last being a 1050 Tiger which was stolen three years ago while on holiday in France. It hit me hard and I’ve only had a few cheapies since (Bandit 600, Trident 750, Versys 650). I’ve now got over it, and am ready for my next proper bike. I Sold the Versys on Saturday and yesterday put a deposit on a GS; my first BMW.

Actually that’s not true, the Mrs has a z4 :rolleyes:

The GS is a 2007, 17k miles, full service history (annual stamps from dealer), and all recalls done. It is possibly the cleanest used bike I have ever seen; absolutely mint and appears to have been maintained regardless of cost. My only gripe is it comes with only a top box but no panniers. Will have to keep a look out for a nice pair. I'll be doing my own maintenance, but nothing needs doing urgently. Looking forward to understanding more about any special tools and techniques I'm going to need.

The decision to buy a GS follows being loaned a GSA in South Africa earlier this year. I’ve derided them long enough; it’s time to give in. There’s clearly a reason for them being the best selling motorcycles. Will be picking it up on Thursday 1st, and am looking forward to relaxing a bit. As you can see from the above, I have historically changed bikes a lot… I’m hoping this will be my keeper into retirement. :rob

Welcome from S. Wiltshire, hopefully Calne has returned to normal after Saturdays excitement.

Yup... back to sleepy hollow. :sleep

Were you here? I was feeling horrible and didn't leave the house. Just as well as someone came round and bought my old bike!

Welcome, I've a mate in Calne, him and his missis are swingers, I say swingers, basically they invite random blokes to 'join in'....no, before you ask, they haven't asked me, but apparently 'the scene' is rife in that part of Wiltshire :D

Welcome, I've a mate in Calne, him and his missis are swingers, I say swingers, basically they invite random blokes to 'join in'....no, before you ask, they haven't asked me, but apparently 'the scene' is rife in that part of Wiltshire :D

I think it’s actually more with family members round there!!������

Yup... back to sleepy hollow. :sleep

Were you here? I was feeling horrible and didn't leave the house. Just as well as someone came round and bought my old bike!

Not this year I was too busy.

Jeez, been here 5 minutes and been branded a swinger ;) ... I've been called worse!

Can't claim to be a local. Grew up in Lincolnshire, Student in Bristol, then many years out in Johannesburg before ending up in these parts.

So not just a swinger, also a yellow belly, a cider drinker and a South African bastard. Do your worst!

Jeez, been here 5 minutes and been branded a swinger ;) ... I've been called worse!

Can't claim to be a local. Grew up in Lincolnshire, Student in Bristol, then many years out in Johannesburg before ending up in these parts.

So not just a swinger, also a yellow belly, a cider drinker and a South African bastard. Do your worst!

Don't be so hard on yourself....nothing wrong with cider :D

Back
Top Bottom