Camcoat Performance Coatings

Nutty

Reaction score
Has anyone on here had any negative issues with having their headers coated from these guys?

I had my 1290 headers done by a well known company in Abingdon, and the finish is bloody awful. It’s flaking off in several places, and after some researching, it seems that I’m one of many that’s had issues.

They’ll offer to redo them if I ask, but I don’t have any confidence in them. Plus, getting the bike to the dealer, headers off, coated and refitted is a logistical pain in the arse, so I’d rather get them done by a proper company that knows what they’re doing.

So, has anyone experienced flaking ceramic on headers coated by Camcoat?

Hi Rich,
They did the headers on my 1420 Kwak turbo, and I never had any problems.
Even with them glowing red hot

Neil

I had a set of VFR800 headers done by Camcoat many years ago. They were mild steel ones and they said they'd blast them and coat them. The finish they achieved was badly pock marked and quickly began to develop rust spots. They offered to redo them but the hassle of removing them again and sending them back again wasn't worth the effort.

I had a set of VFR800 headers done by Camcoat many years ago. They were mild steel ones and they said they'd blast them and coat them. The finish they achieved was badly pock marked and quickly began to develop rust spots. They offered to redo them but the hassle of removing them again and sending them back again wasn't worth the effort.

I read somewhere that the headers either have to be new, or nearly new. How many miles on your bike when you had them done? I’m on around 5500 miles, so am hoping they’re new enough to be redone. :nenau

They did a fab job with these Panigale Headers Rich...double coated inside black and outside in cermachrome, still look great after a few years

Attachments

• 934051_10207676652946494_3610455363543487554_n.jpg
    934051_10207676652946494_3610455363543487554_n.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 306
I read somewhere that the headers either have to be new, or nearly new. How many miles on your bike when you had them done? I’m on around 5500 miles, so am hoping they’re new enough to be redone. :nenau

The bike would have been about 5 years old. That would make it about 16 years ago, so I can't recall exactly how many miles it had done. Maybe about 20K...? My view was that if they couldn't guarantee a good finish, they shouldn't have undertaken the work.

Polish your headers and keep them clean simples :)

Polish your headers and keep them clean simples :)

I may well get some Remus decat headers, and leave them as is tbh. Depends on the costs to get mine redone properly.

Back
Top Bottom