Tyre advice

jp842

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Heritage Softail Classic, which is on its origional Dunlop tyres, (Harley branded). I want to change them as it white lines horribly, although the bike has less than 2k miles. The pressures are as the manual states.
Has anyone got any recommendations for a new set?

+ 1 for Avon’s but run them 5-8psi higher then stated..

What is "white lines"?

I have been replacing the OEM Dunlops with Dunlop American Elites and have been quite satisfied. I generally run them about 3 psi under which I believe is 33 / 39 because I ride solo.

Markings on the highway - painted lanes etc - they can be quite thick and the Dunlop’s tramline As they ride over the lines...

OK thanks. Somewhat like rain grooves cut in concrete which some rib tyres want to follow.

Avons if you ride a tad hard, if you pile on the miles Michelin Commander 2, however have yet to see a tyre that does not whiteline walk if it hits a really thick painted line.

Thanks for the info chaps. It looks like it's Avons. I take it you mean Avon Cobras?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info chaps. It looks like it's Avons. I take it you mean Avon Cobras?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yep for me, and I used the bias ply, as heavy bike, radial is softer but not so sure mileage on heavy bikes.

Back
Top Bottom