Comfort 2 up

Colm Cummins

Reaction score
Hi all,
Thinking about changing to a S1000XR. What are they like for comfort 2 up compared to the R1200gs say. I would say the pair of us weigh in at about 200Kgs. My current ride is a VFR1200F with Helibars and a Tony Archer seat. I like it but the grass is always greener ..

Thanks

Colm

I moved from a GS to the XR and my pillion says that the XR is better. The seating position is pretty much the same. The top case is more comfortable and the quick shifter makes gear changes much smoother. I get more digs in the ribs for speed though... not sure why:nenau

Hi all,
TI would say the pair of us weigh in at about 200Kgs.

You'll only have 16 kg to play with.....

Unladen weight, fully fuelled/road-ready 228 kg
Max. permitted weight 444 kg
Max. load (with standard equipment) 216 kg

I moved from a GS to the XR and my pillion says that the XR is better. The seating position is pretty much the same. The top case is more comfortable and the quick shifter makes gear changes much smoother. I get more digs in the ribs for speed though... not sure why:nenau

Ditto this (less the GS part), when I swapped from an RT LC the first thing she said when she saw the XR was... "Where's the rest of the back seat" but now that she's used to it (& my bruises have gone) she says it pretty good really.
A
PS. And she likes the speed too, oh yes, she likes the speed ��

I tried the XR before buying a GS

Wifey hated it so much she made me let her get off and wait half way through the test ride, said it was like sitting on a bar stool

I found it totally under geared and couldn’t believe they’d released a bike with such atrocious vibrations through the bars

After coming from numerous boxer engine bikes over the last 12+ year, I love this bloody thing but the one overwhelming reason for the change was my good lady gave up pillion due to a back injury. The GSers and RT's are far more comfortable 2 up than the XR, Id put it on par with your current stead, although it sounds like Mr Archer as converted the seat.

As for "Vibes" they are still there, if you take your hands off the bars and just touch them with your finger, the throttle is especially vibey, but again some people notice them and some don't, I'm of the latter. I have the high sport seat and find it as comfortable as the last GSA I traded in, which I had to fit "up and back" bar riser to take the ache out of the shoulders.

Just absolutely loving this bike but to call it a Adventure bike is I think misleading, more of a sports bike on steroids :thumb:

Thanks for all the reply's, I will test ride one and see how it goes. VFR with the current setup will be hard to beat though.

I had a VFR 1200 and it was good, Then I went to an RT for 5 years and it was fantastic two up. I’ve got a GS now, girlfriend says it’s as comfortable just not as easy to get on and off.

Back
Top Bottom