2019 !250 GSA HP - Beaten Into Submission - Hastings

Fullchat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having changed in May I'm beginning to thing the new bike is made from 'Unobtanium'. Stiffed for a policy change with about 8 weeks to run. July 31st renewal date.
My last bike GSA TB was just 2 years old. Last renewal with Hastings was as near as £100 as makes any difference. July 18. I was very very happy with that.

Renewal comes in at £275. Start doing all the comparison sites and there are so many variations on policies but Hastings keeps popping up near the top for price with something like reasonable excesses and 90 days fully comp Euro cover.

It really is a minefield. Better the devil you know. So today I have to admit defeat and renew with Hastings.

And they wanted another £10 as there was a slight alteration because the bike and accessories were totaled at £19000 as opposed to £17500 for the bike and £1500 for the accessories separately.

Its been a journey. I can only presume that this bike is being treated as a massive risk. What a game!!!!:mad:

Having changed in May I'm beginning to thing the new bike is made from 'Unobtanium'. Stiffed for a policy change with about 8 weeks to run. July 31st renewal date.
My last bike GSA TB was just 2 years old. Last renewal with Hastings was as near as £100 as makes any difference. July 18. I was very very happy with that.

Renewal comes in at £275. Start doing all the comparison sites and there are so many variations on policies but Hastings keeps popping up near the top for price with something like reasonable excesses and 90 days fully comp Euro cover.

It really is a minefield. Better the devil you know. So today I have to admit defeat and renew with Hastings.

And they wanted another £10 as there was a slight alteration because the bike and accessories were totaled at £19000 as opposed to £17500 for the bike and £1500 for the accessories separately.

Its been a journey. I can only presume that this bike is being treated as a massive risk. What a game!!!!:mad:

275 quid if that is fully comp, try coming to Europe, and then you can have a real rant, most cannot even get fully comp, unless paying thousands more.

Last year I got a quote from The Bike Insurer (who advertises on this forum) and the quote I went with was a Hasting Premier policy Fully Comp at £136.48 This was not the cheapest policy on offer, just the one I went with.

This year I received a letter from Hastings Direct telling me that the same policy as last year with them was now £172.48 yet when I checked on-line a mirror policy from The Bike Insurer came in at £135.02

A quick call to Hastings Direct had them not only match the price on-line but also add protected no claims and reduce the voluntary no claims discount down to ZERO

I couldn't get my credit card out quick enough :D

Old Bastard 59 years young
No points on licence
Bike Garaged
£250 Compulsory Excess
ZERO Voluntary Excess
90 Days European Cover
Max 10,000 miles Per Anum
Protected No Claims included

:thumb

Last year I got a quote from The Bike Insurer (who advertises on this forum) and the quote I went with was a Hasting Premier policy Fully Comp at £136.48 This was not the cheapest policy on offer, just the one I went with.

This year I received a letter from Hastings Direct telling me that the same policy as last year with them was now £172.48 yet when I checked on-line a mirror policy from The Bike Insurer came in at £135.02

A quick call to Hastings Direct had them not only match the price on-line but also add protected no claims and reduce the voluntary no claims discount down to ZERO

I couldn't get my credit card out quick enough :D

Old Bastard 59 years young
No points on licence
Bike Garaged
£250 Compulsory Excess
ZERO Voluntary Excess
90 Days European Cover
Max 10,000 miles Per Anum
Protected No Claims included

:thumb

Same as you but 2 years younger, no chance of that......................:tears:tears:tears:tears:tears

Smogbob - I can come to the Black Forest for 90days all included in my policy. That will do ;)

NnF - Cant grumble with that. I'm 5 years senior to you. What bike was that for, the Scrambler??

Now retired, garage, no convictions etc and in a low crime area. Should be ticking all the boxes.

recently changed my bike and hastings couldn't offer a quote on the new bike.
I paid the policy in full and it had been running for 7 months.
So I cancelled it a few days ago.
They wanted an additional £35 to cancel it.....told them I wasn't paying anything.....dickheads.
With Bemoto now who don't charge anything for any changes made during the policy.

i paid £140 for a blackbird with european breakdown, asked about change but they won't insure, if i cancel i will get £11 refund on a policy that has run 5 weeks

Rip off merchants the lot of them. No doubt Wapping will be along shortly to justify their actions, but then again he would, being part of it.

275 quid if that is fully comp, try coming to Europe, and then you can have a real rant, most cannot even get fully comp, unless paying thousands more.

Yep, fully comp on my 2019 Multistrada Enduro would be 3800 euros and many companies won't offer cover at any price :eek:

Mibbies it's just me :-
But .
I think £275 is not a lot of ££ to insure a motorcycle worth £19,000 .

Back
Top Bottom