Bike Driers

BigAl&Andri

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've seen reference to specific bike driers (basically just a powerful hairdryer, 2800W) at around £120 BUT what look like identical items marketed as 'Pet Driers' appear to be around half the price.

Anyone got any experience of these items and are the latter just as efficient as the former? I could live with the ignominy of drying my bike with a dog drier for a £60 saving!

Any advice welcome.

Al

Why not just ride the bike for 10 miles after a wash......simples.

Something like 'bobby dazzler' leaves the bike virtually dry & streak free, so not much elbow grease required; just a quick leather down.

I use to think the pet dryers (bike) were gay.
Having purchased a pink one for £42 on ebay last year it is fab. So much water is blown off.

Something like 'bobby dazzler' leaves the bike virtually dry & streak free, so not much elbow grease required; just a quick leather down.

Wot he said or let it drip dry and spend the money on fuel.

I've got the pet dryer off Amazon fantastic for the fins on the engine also blowing the water around the screen

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not just useful for the bike, but also your clothes, when you have been sweating inside, and inside the boots and helmet, plenty of other uses, bring them on......:D

Being a tight-wad I use my Makita 4-stroke leaf blower. Can vary the throttle from a gentle breeze up to hurricane level.
Added bonus is you get to use a proper noisy engine instead of a pansy electric motor :D

Pet drier, bought one 6 months ago and it's brilliant, very satisfying seeing the water blast out from the cooling fins.

Pet dryer is exactly the same as the bike dryer, just has different stickers. Oh and an extra £100. I saw one at a dog kennels, the chap gave me the full run down and a demo. Came straight home and ordered one. It is brilliant for blowing out shite from the garage floor, drying the bike after a ride, it’s got a hot air function so can be used to warm new tyres before winter fitting, blowing dust and shite out of the car and also our long haired Alsatians love it when they’ve been washed as you can vary the strength of the blow and you want to see what crap blows out of the parrot when it gets full thrust, she hangs on to the cage with both wings blowing around and clouds of white dust blowing off her. Some say that it’s an answer to a non existent problem but I’m well chuffed with it. Get one

Try living in South East Kent. The water filters through chalk and brings most of it out of the tap. Only solution is to rinse the bike with rainwater after washing.

To answer the original question: I have a pet drier.

I got a cheap Bosch electric leaf blower, that does a cracking job also useful around the garden

Pet hair dryer for c£50.00 does the job. Think I got mine off eBay. Has cool and warm air settings.

Back
Top Bottom