R1150 GSA dimensions

newboy

mechanical buffoon
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The Wirral - where the nice people live... Or Vanu
Daft question - cos I am not currently where the bike is...

Does anyone have the smallest (sensible) size the bike can be packed into?
My thinking - i am looking to buy a motorhome... and if I can get it in the 'garage' at the back?

Something like a Niesmann & Bischoff Flair or Concorde Charisma - I have seen many pics of scooters in there but wondered if anyone had put in a bigger bike.

There are a few reasons - including my wife won't be able to drive this (C1+E removed because of PD) and me having more time to be able to mooch about in Europe - there are great roads and I would rather use my bike than a scooter. I will obviously look at axle weights and payload and garage weight handling too - but first off, need the dimensions of the bike...

I can find seat height - but no info on how big a hole you need to be able to push it thru? :nenau:nenau

If this fails it's a motolug but I would rather use a ramp and the garage.

Fire away

Take screen off 145cm tall
86 cm wide
230cm long

Got this answer...

And current MH of choice

= bugger

smaller bike needed.... Or Plan A - Motolug

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 3.17.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-01 at 3.17.56 PM.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 316
Get a scooter. That's what I do, it's a Honda Vision 110. It's light enough for me to lift in and out of the garage on my own without a ramp. I have towed but don't like it. I've also managed to get my Honda CRM250 in by taking the front wheel out and replacing it with a wheelbarrow wheel, but it's a bit of a pfaff if I want to use it on a holiday daily rather than for a trail riding few days away when it only goes in and out once.

Huge x enormous x quite large.

Motorhome? You'll need a 40 seater coach to get it in the back, ala sidecar racers!

I've seen a 1200GS on the back of a MH - however it was a feckin huge thing (the moho) based on a 7.5t Luton IIRC (self-made).

FWIW if it were me, I'd either go for a small bike (scooter/Grom) in the garage of the moho, or buy a smaller moho and tow the bike on a trailer (gives you far more options for the bike).
Depends on your priorities re : MoHo size and ease of use; ease of travel (remember trailers tend to a) slow you down, and b) get in the way once parked up); versus: how much use of bike are you actually going to get. If you're taking the bike in order to enjoy the excellent roads, then you'll want a decent riding machine, but if you're just taking it for 'easier' local travel (nipping into a village), then the scooter/grom will be better.

Totally unconnected.... but I happen to be selling a Van/MoHo at the moment, which could easily take a tow-hitch and drag a bike (or two). ;) (if interested, let me know, I'll not spam the board unnecessarily).

I am looking to buy a Morelo/Concorde/NiesmannBischoff on Iveco 65 chassis...
All around 6.5t... I will have to look at a smaller bike but hopefully not too small :(

My 1150 is a wonderful thing :)

You need a X Country - 160kgs, fuelled!

Why don't you buy that Airhead GS/ST that Mikeyboy is selling.

It's a great bike and won't take up that much space!!

Back
Top Bottom