Schuberth C4 Pro

Hi, had one for about a month. Very comfortable. I've got the SC1 Advanced and the RC4 remote - haven't used as an 'intercom' yet but do use to listen to the FM radio and have made a few phone calls; sound quality is excellent and people say they can hear me well on the phone/can't tell I'm on a bike at motorway speeds with visor open.

Quieter than my previous helmet (HJC IS-MAX 2) but not as quiet as I had hoped - this is only my second helmet so don't have much of a base to compare. Still very reasonable - can wear with visor fully open at 70mph but I do have a good screen setup. Top vent is excellent, can really feel the air moving over my scalp; chin vent less good, can't feel any air movement but if I close it then I notice a bit more steaming so always have it open (could be my screen preventing effective airflow). Usually ride with the visor cracked open on first notch - which is higher than I would have expected but got used to it.

Only gripes would be about the visor; pin lock pins were so stiff that they deformed when I tried turning them to fit the pinlock, although visor was replaced under warranty. Was riding in Tuesday's torrential rain for 3 hours and visor did eventually let water in - some got between visor and pinlock so visibility was difficult. Possibly due to my having to open visor/chin bar a few times to take helmet on and off during that time or to get a bit of fresh air. Mostly has been good and visibility usually excellent as field of view is substantial. Sun visor is good and easy to operate. Second gripe was about colours; I wanted the 100% hi-viz which just isn't available in the UK but I did find it on www.xlmoto.co.uk which ship from Germany and have the added advantage of being about £150 cheaper than anywhere else. - oh and if you sign up to their newsletter [think I used a dummy email address] it gives a further 10% discount code to apply at checkout.

I have had a C3 Pro with Sena 10U for about 10 months
My GF has the same but the Ladies version of the C3 with Sena 10U
Very impressed with the comms, either when on the same bike, or on separate bikes. Range is great. Speech clear. With the volume up I can hear the intercom with the earplugs in, no problem
Build quality is very good.
Comfort is relative to the shape of your head I guess.
Noise-wise, my old C2 is quieter.
Pleased with the deal...I paid £1000 for both helmets and both sets of Sena comms.

Thanks for the comments, I picked one up at the weekend, the comms module was a pain to get working it was such a snug fit but it works ok now. Clarity is good but the comms app doesn’t work with the latest beta iOS yet so set it up via a laptop.

Thanks for the comments, I picked one up at the weekend, the comms module was a pain to get working it was such a snug fit but it works ok now. Clarity is good but the comms app doesn’t work with the latest beta iOS yet so set it up via a laptop.

had 1 for over a year now, very happy comms ok, just update firmware every so often.

My findings echo tornadof3's. Almost to the letter.

Very happy with it & my quietest lid to date (35 years riding)

Schuberth E1

Today I tried out my new E1 over 80 or so miles, mainly motorway.

Two things became apparent very quickly:
1. Pressure points at bottom of skull top of neck to the point it was painful. This seemed to dissipate over return journey?!?!
2. Never ridden with peaked lid before and not sure I want to very much again.

Anyone experienced the same and have a view before I maybe offer it up for sale?

Jim

I don’t think you’ll find it ‘changes shape’ with use.

I’ve two E1’s and think they’re a great helmet. Noisy for sure, but had no issue with comfort - it sits quite low on my forehead, just above my eyebrows, which I thought may be a pain, but no, it’s fine.

As far a the peak, again, no issues. I prefer it in the middle setting of three.

I’ve ridden 8,000 miles in all conditions and can’t fault it. But, if the shape is wrong for you, it’s wrong.

Only niggle is when fitted with the Sena 10U (as recommended) the microphone pops one of the lining fixings out.

Bought C3 Pro.....didn't think it was better than the C2 it replaced. Worse in fact, crap ventilation on C3 Pro, especially on a warm day....the vents are just rubbish.

Sold it after a month and bought E1. Much nicer helmet, liner is better, sadly despite the extra vent in the chin piece, ventilation is still poor BUT, because of the peak, you can ride at any speed with the main visor up (which I do). Replaced the inner sun visor with a clear version, so I can protect my eyes with the main visor up (not just on bright sunny days!)

Thought the peak would cause a problem riding at speed, vibration, noise etc, but surprisingly, it doesn't.

Really like my E1. With good ventilation, it would be the best ever.

And no, it doesn't fit in BMW Touratech panniers or top-case (like a lot of people on here say). Unless, maybe they all have the smaller shell-size. Mine's a 62/63 and it definitely doesn't go in!!

Agree with all you’ve said - I thought I’d written it myself actually.

I’ve just ordered the visor blanking plugs to try it with peak removed.

Thanks for feedback.

Jim

I don’t think you’ll find it ‘changes shape’ with use.

I’ve two E1’s and think they’re a great helmet. Noisy for sure, but had no issue with comfort - it sits quite low on my forehead, just above my eyebrows, which I thought may be a pain, but no, it’s fine.

As far a the peak, again, no issues. I prefer it in the middle setting of three.

I’ve ridden 8,000 miles in all conditions and can’t fault it. But, if the shape is wrong for you, it’s wrong.

Only niggle is when fitted with the Sena 10U (as recommended) the microphone pops one of the lining fixings out.

Thanks for that. I went from a C3 which never gave me a bit of bother. It was a good kid.

Jim

Bought C3 Pro.....didn't think it was better than the C2 it replaced. Worse in fact, crap ventilation on C3 Pro, especially on a warm day....the vents are just rubbish.

Sold it after a month and bought E1. Much nicer helmet, liner is better, sadly despite the extra vent in the chin piece, ventilation is still poor BUT, because of the peak, you can ride at any speed with the main visor up (which I do). Replaced the inner sun visor with a clear version, so I can protect my eyes with the main visor up (not just on bright sunny days!)

Thought the peak would cause a problem riding at speed, vibration, noise etc, but surprisingly, it doesn't.

Really like my E1. With good ventilation, it would be the best ever.

And no, it doesn't fit in BMW Touratech panniers or top-case (like a lot of people on here say). Unless, maybe they all have the smaller shell-size. Mine's a 62/63 and it definitely doesn't go in!!

I’m shopping for new helmet as my C3 is starting to look a bit tatty
C4 Pro is on my shortlist, has anyone made that switch & want to share their thoughts.
I saw a review that said sizing & shape may be an issue.

Hi, had one for about a month. Very comfortable. I've got the SC1 Advanced and the RC4 remote - haven't used as an 'intercom' yet but do use to listen to the FM radio and have made a few phone calls; sound quality is excellent and people say they can hear me well on the phone/can't tell I'm on a bike at motorway speeds with visor open.

Quieter than my previous helmet (HJC IS-MAX 2) but not as quiet as I had hoped - this is only my second helmet so don't have much of a base to compare. Still very reasonable - can wear with visor fully open at 70mph but I do have a good screen setup. Top vent is excellent, can really feel the air moving over my scalp; chin vent less good, can't feel any air movement but if I close it then I notice a bit more steaming so always have it open (could be my screen preventing effective airflow). Usually ride with the visor cracked open on first notch - which is higher than I would have expected but got used to it.

Only gripes would be about the visor; pin lock pins were so stiff that they deformed when I tried turning them to fit the pinlock, although visor was replaced under warranty. Was riding in Tuesday's torrential rain for 3 hours and visor did eventually let water in - some got between visor and pinlock so visibility was difficult. Possibly due to my having to open visor/chin bar a few times to take helmet on and off during that time or to get a bit of fresh air. Mostly has been good and visibility usually excellent as field of view is substantial. Sun visor is good and easy to operate. Second gripe was about colours; I wanted the 100% hi-viz which just isn't available in the UK but I did find it on www.xlmoto.co.uk which ship from Germany and have the added advantage of being about £150 cheaper than anywhere else. - oh and if you sign up to their newsletter [think I used a dummy email address] it gives a further 10% discount code to apply at checkout.

Don’t try and turn the pins; just pop them out, re-orientate them and push them back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visited Motolegends yesterday with a view to buying a Schuberth C4 pro.
Great service from the guys there and very helpful.
As it transpires the C3 pro and C4 pro did not fit my head, either too loose or too tight and not very comfortable.
The guys comment was that I had the wrong shape head for a Schuberth!! The end result was I walked away with a Shoei Neotec2.
First thoughts on the Shoei are very comfortable, great fit and a good looking helmet - all very subjective and at a similar price.
Don't know if this is any help just my ramblings!!

Back
Top Bottom