replacement Horn

Hoff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am looking to fit a replacement horn to my F700GS as the OEM is pathetic.
I have been looking at a Denali Complete Split Sound Bomb (120dB) Horn Kit from Nippy Norman at £89.
Has anybody fitted it and if so how good is it?
Does anyone have a good quality alternative?
Cheers
Paul

The Denali Soud Bomb Compact is great - the Split is tricky to fit (two components to loctate/secure) - I sent mine back.

I have the -Denali Sound Bomb Mini 113dB Horn on my 700GS & had on my 650GS b4 that..
Fits in the same place as the original horn..

https://www.nippynormans.com/horns-and-accessories/denali-sound-bomb-mini-113db-horn

Producing an massive 113 decibels of sound, the Sound Bomb is over twice as loud as a standard motorcycle horn!
The Denali Sound Bomb was designed for those who want to be heard but still want to maintain a stylish look.
Thanks to its compact design and blacked-out housing, the SoundBomb will practically disappear once installed.
At 113 decibels the distinct low-tone sound from the Denali Sound Bomb Mini is over twice as loud as a typical 100 decibel original horn.

:thumb

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190804-004012.jpg
    Screenshot_20190804-004012.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 263
Thanks for the comments.
Ash, one question about the soundbomb mini. Did you just replace the OEM one or did you add a relay as well.
Looked at the reviews on Nippy and no mention of fitting a relay but saw some comments on the net about the increased amps (3 to 5) and the need for a relay.
Thoughts are if a relay is required I might as well go for the soundbomb compact.
Cheers

Thanks for the comments.
Ash, one question about the soundbomb mini. Did you just replace the OEM one or did you add a relay as well.
Looked at the reviews on Nippy and no mention of fitting a relay but saw some comments on the net about the increased amps (3 to 5) and the need for a relay.
Thoughts are if a relay is required I might as well go for the soundbomb compact.
Cheers

Just added a canbus plug & away I went.
No relay needed..

I've got to ask, how often are you guys using your horns if you're willing to pay £89 to upgrade it??

I doubt I hit double figures for beeps per year of commuting...

D

Think of it as a fire extinguisher, you may not use it for years but its handy to have [especially to wake the morning commuter on his phone] :D

I have gone the soundbomb mini route which with a can bus lead was £38 with free delivery from Nippy.
Comments from Ash make it sound a wise choice. Will know when I fit it.

Back
Top Bottom