This time I’m going ..

You could ride up and have a bimble in Les Vosges, lovely up there, Kayserberg and all the little towns around the area, then you could nip across the border and have a bimble around the black forest, and any help needed I am not far away...;)

Thank you for the suggestions.. if I get your way, I will get in touch, maybe you will fancy showing me some interesting roads :thumb2

Ardennes, Luxembourg, Vosges, Schwarzwald. Jura if you have time.

Lovely roads all the way.

Yes I think a fast run down to Zadar.. 3 days .. couple of days there ish ... then 3 or 4 or 5 days back through France ... but who knows .. it might all change once I get out the tunnel in Calais ... might just follow the sunshine

If you’re doing that route shown, then between the coast and Lyon you could do a lot worse than head up the Route Napoleon (N85) from Grasse up to Digne Les Bain then cut across to Die, over the Col du Rousset and through the Combe Laval to Lyon.

2b92d179cec813bd90ecb319d1a6b814.jpg

If you’re doing that route shown, then between the coast and Lyon you could do a lot worse than head up the Route Napoleon (N85) from Grasse up to Digne Les Bain then cut across to Die, over the Col du Rousset and through the Combe Laval to Lyon.

2b92d179cec813bd90ecb319d1a6b814.jpg

Thanks for the route ... I’ve done that a few times including once I horrendous rain

Plans, I use that term loosely ... seem to have changed after being advised to stay away from the coast .... new destination seems to be Prague via lots of Germany

Thank you for the suggestions.. if I get your way, I will get in touch, maybe you will fancy showing me some interesting roads :thumb2

Do not count on me remembering roads, I just go out and ride, and end up somewhere, never plan, never plot maps, just go with the flow, would rather look at the road and scenery than constantly checking a satnav, and in all fairness my riding days are limited to a few hours a day, body is falling to bits self consuming itself like the bike supposedly....:D

Do not count on me remembering roads, I just go out and ride, and end up somewhere, never plan, never plot maps, just go with the flow, would rather look at the road and scenery than constantly checking a satnav, and in all fairness my riding days are limited to a few hours a day, body is falling to bits self consuming itself like the bike supposedly....:D

It’s all about the journey not the destination... as I’ve just learnt recently ... that’s why I’ve gotten off the hamster wheel

I'm off on Euro Tunnel 2nd of September first night hotel Pelican Charleville Mezieres, nothing booked yet for 2nd night be around black forest area, Wed 4th to 11th September Arabba Italy (Dolomites Hotel Garni Bellavista 7 nights, going to knock off all the passes and generally hoon around the Dolomite's area, never been before, return to Freudenstadt Germany one night Hotel Stadthotel Traube, then onto Hotel De Watermolen :D Bocholt, Belgium 4 nights as "Doing" the Sanicole Airshow, Monday 16th back to DFDS Dunkirk to Dover home for Tea:thumb

Congratulations on your retirement you lucky man, you!
I'd avoid Genova since the Lombardi bridge fell down as the detour must be hell.
Why not head to Barolo (south of Torino), drink some great local wine in the hotel (I've stayed and drank there) then over to Isola and ride north on the RdGA?
Or, after Barolo, head to Carcassone or Gorge du tarn and north over the Millau viaduct bridge?
So many great options.
What about the Dolomites after passing by Venice?

Bloody rain

So after 2 days of rain .. I’ve given up trying to get to Prague... and I’ve headed south ish to find some sunshine. Ended up in Dijon from last night and heading for the coast to dip my toes in the water.. now I need a route ... obviously there is route napoleon but open to suggestions.

So after 2 days of rain .. I’ve given up trying to get to Prague... and I’ve headed south ish to find some sunshine. Ended up in Dijon from last night and heading for the coast to dip my toes in the water.. now I need a route ... obviously there is route napoleon but open to suggestions.

Fcuk it, crack on to the Pyrenees. Have some playtime there. Fastest route, God's speed.

FFS Andy

Just get yourself a Michelin Map and follow any green routes south from where you are. There are hundreds to choose from.

You’re welcome. :D

I can totally recommend The Great Escape thing as per my thread if that floats your boat..........

Germany is the most underrated destination I know of.

Poland is fab and The Great Escape aspect is brilliant if, as I say, that floats your thing.

Did you get to the Marrinor hotel as you mentioned a couple months ago ?

Back
Top Bottom