This time I’m going ..

thebuyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After a few health and work issues over the last 6 months...I’m eventually heading off ... somewhere.

I officially retired on Friday :D.. I’ve a few things to sort this week, but plan to set off somewhere in Europe on Monday 12th.

The plan !!! Well there isn’t one ... I’ve got 7 to 10 days before I need to get back home.

Now I’ve traveled a lot through France so trying to avoid this

So I thought this might be a rough starting route

Crack a few / lot of miles for couple of days then enjoy a gentle bimble around areas I’ve never been .

Any suggestions on routes, places to stay.

I don’t do camping but don’t need 5 star hotels either.

Attachments

• D8D73E5C-AAED-484E-8069-C90219D31ABF.jpg
    D8D73E5C-AAED-484E-8069-C90219D31ABF.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 728
  • 47F369B9-36F5-4473-B74B-3A271F440246.jpg
    47F369B9-36F5-4473-B74B-3A271F440246.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 721
How about, heading up through Holland then through Baltic states then Poland/Germany.

Have a safe trip which ever route you choose

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Happy retirement buyer... what a freedom ride... enjoy:thumby:

I'd go in land a bit rather than hug the French/Italian coast roads which will be grim this time of year, otherwise just follow your nose, looks good to me ~ have fun Andy :beerjug:

Andres

PS Why are your maps full of car parks? I hope they are proper, secure, biker mate car parks?

I'd go in land a bit rather than hug the French/Italian coast roads which will be grim this time of year ...

Au contrairé, the Italian coastal roads I followed were full of young ladies waving as we rolled past; I think they were selling white plastic garden chairs ...

I'd go in land a bit rather than hug the French/Italian coast roads which will be grim this time of year, otherwise just follow your nose, looks good to me ~ have fun Andy :beerjug:

Quite, not the best coast. An alternative in that area would be ferry to Sardinia then ferry to Barcelona, even add in Corsica first. I used the ferry in April Barcelona to Civitavecchia then to Elba then Corsica then mainland France, all good

that's a lot of miles in 7-10 days if you want to stop at a base to bimble around an area

I would suggest spending 2 or 3 days to get to Slovenia or Croatia. Then 3 or 4 nights in a base and 2-3 days to return via a different route.

that's a lot of miles in 7-10 days if you want to stop at a base to bimble around an area

I would suggest spending 2 or 3 days to get to Slovenia or Croatia. Then 3 or 4 nights in a base and 2-3 days to return via a different route.

After looking at the ferry prices to get back from Santander... I think I will be riding back up through France ... again

To do that rough route,
I would have thought,
won't you just be riding all,day every day just to get to Santander or Bilbao..

After looking at the ferry prices to get back from Santander... I think I will be riding back up through France ... again

I am sure if you asked nicely,
someone could give you a discount code...

Yes I think a fast run down to Zadar.. 3 days .. couple of days there ish ... then 3 or 4 or 5 days back through France ... but who knows .. it might all change once I get out the tunnel in Calais ... might just follow the sunshine

Attachments

• A62C7586-4EC0-4A09-8F86-0AFB0BBCE758.jpg
    A62C7586-4EC0-4A09-8F86-0AFB0BBCE758.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 611
So, you’ve retired, but are still under a short time constraint? May as well keep working. :p

Head North!

Go to Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania.

Can't speak from personal experience (apart from a Latvian lady I once knew ;) ), but by all accounts there's some decent roads and good scenery, as well as good value for hotels etc.

Have a great trip Andy.

I'm heading to Eastern Europe for two weeks in September. After Slovenia why not head for Romania and Transylvania and then the Transfăgărășan pass for something different.

I would personally stay away from any coastal areas in August including the Dalmatian as it will be very hot and rammed with tourists. :thumb2

IMHO too much distance, not enough smiling miles. Germany is a fantastic biking country and I don’t just mean the Black Forest routes. Look at the Mosel region, Berkastle-Kues) then perhaps ride east to Wernigerode and the Harz Mountain region, lots of good stuff, biker cafes and quite roads. From there perhaps Prague via one of the National parks and onto Austria and Istria.( Rovinj, movan and Pula are worth a visit.
Have fun whatever you do Andy.

IMHO too much distance, not enough smiling miles. Germany is a fantastic biking country and I don’t just mean the Black Forest routes. Look at the Mosel region, Berkastle-Kues) then perhaps ride east to Wernigerode and the Harz Mountain region, lots of good stuff, biker cafes and quite roads. From there perhaps Prague via one of the National parks and onto Austria and Istria.( Rovinj, movan and Pula are worth a visit.
Have fun whatever you do Andy.

Thanks for the ideas... Prague was suggested by a few friends and after being told how busy the coast will be .. think I’m going to reconsider it .. even tho I do like to dip my toes in the sea.

If you have any routes or other suggestions for Germany, I would appreciate them. :thumb2

Thanks for the ideas... Prague was suggested by a few friends and after being told how busy the coast will be .. think I’m going to reconsider it .. even tho I do like to dip my toes in the sea.

If you have any routes or other suggestions for Germany, I would appreciate them. :thumb2

You could ride up and have a bimble in Les Vosges, lovely up there, Kayserberg and all the little towns around the area, then you could nip across the border and have a bimble around the black forest, and any help needed I am not far away...;)

Back
Top Bottom