why did I get a black engined bike again?.. silver was much easier!

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just been on a 250 mile thrash this morning and must of found the only rain in the UK and roads covered in sand / silt kind of stuff.. great!.. stoped for breakfast and took a look at the bike. OMG it looked like id been off-roading for days!
just finished cleaning it now I'm back and have got to say, my silver engined bike was a lot easier to clean! It's taken just short of 2 hours and its still not 100%.. How do you get all the arks, smears, muck off the black.. I've used ACF50 on a oily rag in the end and that has worked.. but bring back silver.. a jet wash down and the job was done!!

I swapped to a black from a silver last summer. I find WD40 brings it up really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swapped to a black from a silver last summer. I find WD40 brings it up really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will give it a try... its imposable to get the thing clean.. the silver was much easier :)

Are you kidding? I’ve had both and silver shows up every single speck of dirt and I found it a major PITA to keep clean. Only had ones with a black engine since.

Are you kidding? I’ve had both and silver shows up every single speck of dirt and I found it a major PITA to keep clean. Only had ones with a black engine since.

Guess it depends where you live?.. lots of sandy soil around here.. it gets covered in no time, where as on the silver, you'd not see it....,

Have you tried GT40 yet? I liberally coat all of my bike every time I clean it. Cheap in Aldi and Lidl. Good for black spoked wheels as well

GT85 is good for cleaning/finishing. Halfords also sell their own brand silicone spray & that works well too.

is it approved by BMW.. when the paint falls off will they say its because Gt sprays have been used??

I have a black engine on the K1200S, is not as exposed as a GS but I use Silkolene Pro Prep on pretty much anything that isn't painted/screens and it comes up great and seems to keep the dirt at bay (or at least make it easy to remove with a hose !).

Back
Top Bottom