How to deal with the weight?

I have always thought they are one of the most balanced bikes with a centre stand, just removing an empty top box makes it move from resting on the rear wheel to the front wheel. I still find, 19 years later and in my mid 50s that I can effortlessly put it on the centre stand. I used to have a Triumph sprint that was a nightmare to get on the centre stand and was a hernia waiting to happen.
C'mon, you're only half way in your 50s

But I'm not sure I agree with your thoughts on 'balance'. I think the 1150's geometry is a bit askew. They fixed it on the 1200... but as you point out, other manufacturers also get it wrong...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mine has a hockey puck, surprised how many I have seen with one.

I have been sent a hockey puck, genuine Canadian Tyre Company hockey puck from the National League no less.... I am in the process of shaping it and then will get the stand drilled. I think I shall drill the bottom of the puck so as to have a nut and bolt attachment, rather than self-tapping screws, with the nut well concealed within the bottom so it isn't getting scuffed.
Orkney trip begins on Wednesday, I was going to go on the 650, but I think I will pluck up the courage to go on the 1150, I shall have friends with me to help if things get out of hand. I have been working on my core strength and building myself up a bit - I haven't dropped her!

HI Simon,

Don't shape the puck. Just bolt it on as is and it does the same job as a bigfoot to stop the stand sinking in on soft ground.

Mac

Back
Top Bottom