Scenic GPS Map app

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've spent a very enjoyable two days riding to and from Limerick from Dublin using the iphone app SCENIC.

I'm really very impressed. It has a curvy road and very curvy road feature and it works really well. far better than the other gps apps I've tried. Brought me places I've never been before and very much GS friendly roads. The very curvy feature really pushes things to extreme though and initially it was suggesting a route that would take eight hours to get from Dublin to Limerick. I found curvy a better option.

Anyway, if you use your phone to as a gps, I'd recommend you try it!

Scenic uses the same (or pretty close to) algorithms as Kurviger.

The very twisty options may well lead the user down some interesting roads and tracks

Interesting, I remember you being very impressed by kurviger when you got it. I've been on apple for ages and was disappointed I couldn't try it out.

You can access the Kurviger website on Apple devices, to create routes. You can then send the route to Scenic. I have not played about with it much.

https://docs.kurviger.de/app/faq/ios

This is the setup I use.

It works really well, Scenic is quite a stable gps service and the Kurviger routes load up pretty well. Occasionally I need to remove some odd little diversions it adds in, but otherwise it works well.

Thoroughly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tried it again today and it brought me home n Wicklow roads I’d never been on before. Great app. I highly recommend it. As nin said it does add in weird little detours but easily avoided.

I've been using Scenic for a while now and it's a great app.

I like Scenic but the mapping is very laggy on my phone, hopeless in town as you are sometimes past a junction before Scenic realises. Is it just me? iPhone X so not the latest but not a dinosaur either

Back
Top Bottom