R1150gs Winglets

markllysgs

Reaction score
Hi just signed up to forum as i recently purchased a 1999 R1150 GS . Must admit to liking the bike so far ,apart from wind protection .Anyway i purchased a pair of winglets ,and they made some improvement . But know i have picked up used Adventure screen ,and have ordered Torbinators to go with it {seems to be the best solution as the BMw parts required are way overpriced and hard to come by used . I notice that the winglets are different if you have Torbinators fitted or not .Anybody know whats the difference they look the same in photos

Many Thanks Mark

The tobinators which fit with Tobinators are longer to take into account the screen lifting. The ones you have bought should fit but you may still get windage :rob

If you bought them from us, and haven't used them yet, you are welcome to return them to us and we will exchange for the "Tobinator" set.

Thanks for the reply do you mean the winglets that fit with Torbinators are taller ? .I bought them from slipscreenslimited on Ebay ,is this you ? .Anyway thanks for the offer but i have fitted them to the bike . I dont intend to run with the screen that high i just want the wider Adventure screen ,and using Torbinators seems to be the most sensible way to go as at least the screen becomes adjustable .If the worse come to the worse i can always add extension pieces to make them taller

Mark

Back
Top Bottom