Seat Pads

Tacho D

Reaction score
The standard seat, while better than some can feel uncomfortable on long distances. Add on seat pads come in a wide variety, the Airhawk being the best known, but the most expensive. Others are filled with gel and some are a wire mesh that provides ventilation. Some riders swear by a sheepskin. Anyone tried any of these? :nenau

Air hawk are very good and imo, better than a gel seat.

My personal preference is for a Corbin seat, having tried Sargent and BMW gel seats. A mate has a Touratech on his Tiger.

Megasaurarse

Air hawk are very good and imo, better than a gel seat.

My personal preference is for a Corbin seat, having tried Sargent and BMW gel seats. A mate has a Touratech on his Tiger.

Interesting, this. Having recently-ish sold my RT, on which I happily completed many a big mile day, I'm finding my 1200lc GS a little lacking in the comfort dept :surrender. I'm having to shuffle around saddle a lot after as little as an hour and around 200 miles in the Peak District yesterday left me feeling butt sore and worse....like I'd been kicked several times in the nadgers! Don't recall this being a problem with my previous GS, a 2004 1200....though I'm 15 years older / more fragile!!! :p

Other than the obvious solutions (sell the GS and get another RT, buy a car, walk etc etc) has anyone else found this to be the case with the lc and would something like a Corbin seat help sufficiently to justify the cost?

Just to say...what makes this all the more interesting for me is that my missus (who's been pillion on just about every big tourer out there) rates our GS's pillion seat really highly! It makes me wonder if I'm just being a fussy old f*ck re the rider's seat?

I changed both my seats for wunderlich.Mrs loves hers but i am still getting uncomfortable.Bought a sheepskin cover which makes it a bit better.I am thinking of having my original seat altered by Tony Archer and am also trying some up and back risers to see if that helps.

Sometimes it doesn’t take much to make a seat comfortable. Years ago I had a R1100RT and found raising the front of the drivers seat by just 1cm made a massive difference.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom