Daytona Travel Star Pro GTX Gortex - user Reviews and comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddjob

Reaction score
Daytona Travel Star Pro GTX Gortex - user Review and comments:

I've a very extensive collection of riding gear to cover all different riding conditions and bikes. Like most folks; when wearing leathers, I always wear them tucked inside boots and when wearing textiles, these are always worn over boots.

Anyway, I've just bought a new pair of Daytona Travel Star Pro GTX Gortex in size 43. All my footwear (Grenson, Clarks, Bally) are a medium in either a UK 8.5 to 9. My calves are not overly large (medium actually) and the Daytona's were bought with the expectation of versatility.

However, although the length and width of the Daytona's is absolutely perfect, they can only be effectively worn with trousers over the boots. Consequently, they will only be worn when wearing textiles and it would appear I'll still need to continue to buy specific boots to be worn when wearing leathers.

Even with the short zip open and the adjuster?

1m 55s

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QskChFuY85c" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank you so very much for the YouTube video. I wasn't previously aware of these further additional features and benefits; the provision for bespoke calf adjustment is almost infinite and will ensure the boots can be readily worn under or over trousers.

I wear them as my daily boots, sometimes in and sometimes over and its never been an issue but I found the calf adjustment abut 3 seconds after i tried them on so its never been a problem :p

I wear them as my daily boots, sometimes in and sometimes over and its never been an issue but I found the calf adjustment abut 3 seconds after i tried them on so its never been a problem :p

You don't happen to live in Wales, do you? I thought it was only sheep they stuck down their boots, now I learn you do it with calves too. :eek:

When I say adjusting the calf I meant the bovine variety obviously :D

. Consequently, they will only be worn when wearing textiles and it would appear I'll still need to continue to buy specific boots to be worn when wearing leathers.

Or consequently, get over yourself and simply wear your leather trouser over the boots. To help take your mind off such a conundrum stick a wasp in your eye.

Or consequently, get over yourself and simply wear your leather trouser over the boots. To help take your mind off such a conundrum stick a wasp in your eye.

I feel a ‘Where do you stick your wasp?’ thread coming along, probably in the WC section.

Thank you so very much for the YouTube video. I wasn't previously aware of these further additional features and benefits; the provision for bespoke calf adjustment is almost infinite and will ensure the boots can be readily worn under or over trousers.

Pictures, please.

Why would anyone stick their trousers inside their boots? Doesn't all the water run in? I've had a pair of Atlantis 4 trousers for 10 years and it's never even occurred to me to try and get them inside any of my footwear.

This is a wind up......right??

This is a wind up......right??

Judging by other posts, I fear not.

Great lover of words like ‘bespoke’ to describe a zip and bit of Velcro. Feck knows what the chimp thought the adjustment was for, before the scales were lifted from his eyes. Decoration, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom