Hello from down under

jaba01

Reaction score
Hello John R from Perth Australia

We are planning to ride several mths in Europe next year and this site was recommended to us.

I was initially looking to buy a GS in the UK for our travel but getting comprehensive insurance is proving a big challenge if you are not a resident.

I am currently riding a GS1250hp which I have had for around 7 mths. This being my 1st Bemmer after a line of Japanese bikes. Below is my GS in both it's dress setups. Great hard top tourer but not too bad on the unsealed paths as well.

Attachments

• 20190421_134812_resized (Medium).jpg
    20190421_134812_resized (Medium).jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 20190228_112059_resized.jpg
    20190228_112059_resized.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 168
Welcome. You heard right about the site. Lots of good advice available.

Sorry I was giving the wrong info in my previous post hence why it was deleted. There are two companies who will provide insurance in Europe from 1 month to 12 months. Their only stipulation is the bike will not be insured in the country it is registered, so you have a couple of choices bring your own 1250 or buy a yoke there in OZ bring it over use and then flog it before you leave.

www.tourinsure.de

alessie@alessie.com

If your'e on the advrider forum there is a bloke on there from Canada who has a bike insured/ stored here in Cork with a fella who provides this service.He had the bike stored and used it here in Ireland and Europe for a few years but from reading his posts a while ago he was giving this up and was selling the bike. Here is the link from the forum about the chap and testimonials from customers and the bike for sale

https://advrider.com/f/threads/buying-a-motorcycle-in-europe.1377306/#post-37395918

Hope this is of help

Cheers
Dub 24

Do you plan to hire a bike over here?
Welcome BTW
I think it may work out the easier option but getting a rental set up how you want can be challenging. Ideally a GSA with low suspension decent sized panniers and a good sized top box. Probably succumb to a gs with bmw plastic panniers which have pretty limited capacity.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I've got family out in Perth,

Beautiful area :),

One for my bucket list is to ride from Perth round the coast of OZ ending up back in Perth :)

Although having driven on some of your rolled roads lol, it could be quite an interesting trip

Welcome to the site BTW

I've got family out in Perth,

Beautiful area :),

One for my bucket list is to ride from Perth round the coast of OZ ending up back in Perth :)

Although having driven on some of your rolled roads lol, it could be quite an interesting trip

Welcome to the site BTW
It's a big country to travel so you would need to allow a good time frame to do the loop. We talk in days to get from one town to another in some spots. Good goal to have on your bucket list.

It's a big country to travel so you would need to allow a good time frame to do the loop. We talk in days to get from one town to another in some spots. Good goal to have on your bucket list.

Tell me about it ;)

We drove down to Bussletown from Perth, a couple of inches on the map ;)

3hrs lol, about the same as driving to Birmingham - and i did the return trip with a busted neck lol

Perth to Cairns 2134 Nautical miles over 4 hrs flight time on a big jet !!!

Bloody huge mate :D

Just a quick update. Not too long too go now (beginning of May) until we embark on our holiday. Our chariot awaits for us in Austria! Just sitting on its lonesome in the showroom. We have 10 weeks to tour Austria, Croatia, Slovenia, Dolomites, Swiss Alps and a bit of southern Bavaria. Should be a good taster for future trips!
f54b21b937528f0bec2e0396f5cefae7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom