In ear headphones any recommendations

sparkieboy29

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all currently have cardo scala pack talk but getting a little fed up with road/wing noise and was thinking along the lines of in ear speakers and had a quick look and they are not cheap so looking for good recommendations and back up service?
Cheers

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I've had Ultimate Ears in-ear monitors for years. As you say not cheap, but when you can turn your sound sources right down and still hear them with complete clarity at and beyond speed limits they make a lot of sense.

I've had Ultimate Ears in-ear monitors for years. As you say not cheap, but when you can turn your sound sources right down and still hear them with complete clarity at and beyond speed limits they make a lot of sense.

I have had to buy an in-line volume dial to use with my Ultimate Ear monitors. Even with the BT intercom turned right down to minimum it was still a bit too loud!

I have had nothing but good service from Ultimate Ear. Had impressions made at bike shows and at their place in North Kent. I currently have two pairs on the go - the oldest pair demoted to MP3 on the train but still working perfectly - plus a pair of non-monitor plugs.

Mine are hard wired but I see they now do bluetooth in-ear monitors. Might be worth considering.

Mine are hard wired but I see they now do bluetooth in-ear monitors. Might be worth considering.

Didn't know that Quinten, do you know anything about them, are they any good ?

Check out Mee Audio M6 Pro 2nd generation.

Just been looking on the ultimate site and I feel a little miss leading as £180 for ear buds then another £20 for the lead then £10 for delivery then after booking to have ears moulded another £35

Just been looking on the ultimate site and I feel a little miss leading as £180 for ear buds then another £20 for the lead then £10 for delivery then after booking to have ears moulded another £35

Exactly - the sound quality is terrible on them too if you're looking for music. Despite them pushing them as high level music, etc - they specifically "tune" them for voice so there is fuck all bass and you get the train announcer from the Tune's advert in your ears.
UE actually changed the wording on their website after I had to get Trading Standards and the CC company involved.
Utter shysters - refused to return/refund, etc. Citing the "custom products are exempt from, etc, etc, etc". TS hammered them as their entire business model is based on custom products so they couldn't use that clause.
I've got Creative Outlier's that were £35 for 2 pairs direct with superior sound quality! https://uk.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-one

How do you find them with the helmet....comfy?

Took a few days to get used to them. But now I can have them In my ears for four hours plus easily. No interference with my helmet. Just need to make sure the cable has enough slack they don’t pull the earplugs when I turn my head.

Back
Top Bottom