Burn the heretic

BDG

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I love my KTM's and still own 3 so I'm not trolling but I've bought one of these and love it.

First impressions are, lovely smooth responsive engine, torquey and flexible but obviously without the extra 20 bhp of the 790.

Comfortable riding position for me at 6' 2" though the seat is crap, same as most KTM's. Screen works pretty well at speed. Handles well on road and off road though only done easy trails so far. It feels small and light even though it isn't light. A little snatchy throttle response low down but I'm getting used to it. I love the looks in red and white.

I'll be honest, I bought it because it's so much cheaper than the 790 especially with the early pre order discount.

Time will tell over the course of the next year as to how good it is and the shiny new toy syndrome has worn off, but early days, I'm very impressed.

It has a superb motor and in 12 months time I feel a clearout may be in order , sure if the Versys, CCM ad XR 250 go i will be able to afford one to share garage space with the GSA

I think they will be a popular bike, I sat on one at the weekend and realised I should have ordered one as soon as they became available, there’s no chance of a cancelled order as they will go back into the system.
They look better than the 790, more like a traditional off road motorcycle, but obviously less dynamic to ride.

Ah, Mellor Cross. Did you try it up "The Donkey Track"?

Ah, Mellor Cross. Did you try it up "The Donkey Track"?

Well spotted Sprout.

Ha ha, no I missed out the Donkey Track on a new bike with less than 200 miles on it at the time and probably will continue to miss it out unless I can borrow someone else's Tenere!

I really like the look of these and I've not read or watched a bad review.

If I had space and the money, I think I may get one. My first bike was a red and white XT600E so there's a certain pull factor. Found out today, a mate of mine has ordered one.

Who knows, I may get a second hand one in a few years' time.

Glad you're enjoying it. :thumb2

I have got one of these to
I have ridden a few big bikes off road and Yam have got this pretty much spot on
The whole package just works and the CP2 motor is a peach

Attachments

• IMG_20190728_184010.jpg
    IMG_20190728_184010.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_20190728_173915.jpg
    IMG_20190728_173915.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 284
Looks great, post something on the yamaha tenere section..

Are the plastic like a motocross bike or a road bike?.. Do you think it'd need crash protection?

Are the plastic like a motocross bike or a road bike?.. Do you think it'd need crash protection?

Plastics are definitely road bike looking. I’d say yes for crash protection

Back
Top Bottom