Insurance for Morocco

gebrauchtwagen83

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi chaps.
Just had a quick question regarding our forthcoming trip to Morocco. (First time)
Does the insurance you buy at the border just cover you for third party? How do people mitigate the risk when they have 18k adventure bikes? Is the answer to find fully comp insurance for the trip? If so how easy/expensive is that to find? We are actually at the minute deciding to go on 1500 quid old bikes but the temptation to grab a 790 adventure is lingering .
Any help would be much appreciated

At the Cueta border last year it cost about 50 euros for the green card insurance. It is just third party. I mitigated the risk by riding carefully and having my wits about me. You just settle in to it all - all will be well :thumby:

When I went 3 years ago I got a green card from my insurance company AGEAS, but I believe they are the only company in the UK to offer this, may be different after Brexit.

Otherwise I'd say its a gamble that you don't need full cover.

AGEAS will NO longer issue green card for Morocco, if you are insured through BMW they will issue a green card providing you are part of an official BMW tour organised by World of BMW.

So no choice except third party at the border

If you riding through France or Spain on route to Morocco after Brexit you will also require a green card and international driving licence.

AGEAS will NO longer issue green card for Morocco, if you are insured through BMW they will issue a green card providing you are part of an official BMW tour organised by World of BMW.

If you riding through France or Spain on route to Morocco after Brexit you will also require a green card and international driving licence.

Hi Mark, what's the current process for the temp importing of your bike now?? This changed at the start of the year?? Cheers - :thumb

Hi Mark, what's the current process for the temp importing of your bike now?? This changed at the start of the year?? Cheers - :thumb

Hi Paul
No longer possible to do online, just do it when you when you arrive at border control like in the old days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think we return a few days before the possible brexit date!

Back
Top Bottom