LED spot lights

Hoff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking to fit some LED spots to my 700GS.
Saw a guy on Utube fit some from bikevis.com although no brackets included.
The only other ones I've seen are all in the £300 range which is a bit steep at the moment.
The plan is to fit them to my crash bars and connect them electrically to the Fuzeblock which I have got on the bike.
Any advice gratefully accepted.
Cheers
Paul

Depends what your intentions are.
Bought some cheepos from ebay c.£30/pair plus another c£15 for a loom and switch fitted to my 650 three position lights required at least two pushes to get what you wanted..
- if as a daytime attracter then these will be ok. However for night time work its just a fuzzy blob on the road.
FWIW, my view is save up and get a Denali or similar - turn night in to day and handy for those headlight flashes on a busy motorway.

There are decent crash bar mountable aluminium brackets on amazon for around twenty quid I’ll post a link later
+1 on the above light suggestion

I got a couple of these from eBay 2 years ago for about £90 to replace a pair of Hella FF50s. Unfortunately they don't seem to be available anymore. Absolutely brilliant (literally) :D Also very well made - looks like they'll last a good while. If you can find a pair, make sure they're 'spot' pattern, not 'flood' or 'combination/diffusion'.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aurora-Working-Light-White-Lumens/dp/B013RKZ50E

These guys are selling the 'diffusion' version, might be worth getting in touch to see if they can get the spots.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aurora-LED-Worklight-spots-set-40W-diffusion-ALO-K-2-E4T-/323768293767

Thee are the brackets I used on my crash bars
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LV4KLCQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

51e9fcbffb4daf867c4d90bbdf1f4b94.png

These look to be the spots Cookie but lister as 20w
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aurora-L...175538&hash=item4b62181982:g:YzAAAOSw-0xYc6-m

aa10d7d623fa878d7147f69a4983ee1d.png

All wattage quotes are estimates at best and some sellers inflate the figures to get a higher price. The two "40w" spots as posted earlier I measured on the bike at a draw of around 12 watts the pair.

All wattage quotes are estimates at best and some sellers inflate the figures to get a higher price. The two "40w" spots as posted earlier I measured on the bike at a draw of around 12 watts the pair.

I haven't measured my Auroras (but I may do now :) ), but it may be the cheap ones that are over-rated?

I've got some £20 Amazon ones on my bike. They've been on for a couple of years & do the job admirably.

I'll sell them to you for £250 if you like??

D

Evening all,

So GS800, LED lights clearly the topic, best place I can see to place my question to the forum, appreciate last was with regards to addition to the stock.
My non official BMW servicing station (that actually cares for me and bike :)) have been advising changing the front headlight due to burns on the refractors for 3 years and maybe its time to do something about it especially when I can see a good looking affordable LED plug and play. I'm not often caught out in the dark but more daytime presence wouldn't be a bad thing. Again I think it looks really cool, therefore sold.
Anyone fitted the LED option link below? Looks great however reading problems from the equivalent of UK MOT in Spain that it might have problems costing up to 500 euros to officially resolve with all paperwork worries me a little, maybe it was designed for US market only?
Anyone response and reviews from UK having fitted it great, if you've since got through (EU) MOT no problems even better. It wouldn't be the first thing I have to swap out before MOT time if I have to.

For the price, these are unbeatable.
I use these on 3 of my F series bikes & did buy a set to go on my present 700GS.
But bought the Denali LED spot kit at a bargain price, so I sold them on here..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191012-231326.jpg
    Screenshot_20191012-231326.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 428
  • Screenshot_20191012-231342.png
    Screenshot_20191012-231342.png
    69 KB · Views: 424
  • Screenshot_20191012-231350.jpg
    Screenshot_20191012-231350.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 409
On my previous 700GS

And are still working well 3 years on..

Attachments

• 20191012_232506.jpg
    20191012_232506.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 394
Depends what your intentions are.
Bought some cheepos from ebay c.£30/pair plus another c£15 for a loom and switch fitted to my 650 three position lights required at least two pushes to get what you wanted..
- if as a daytime attracter then these will be ok. However for night time work its just a fuzzy blob on the road.
FWIW, my view is save up and get a Denali or similar - turn night in to day and handy for those headlight flashes on a busy motorway.
I would recommend the saving up option too. Had cheap ones on my last f650gs, which were fine for years.
Got a new to me f800gs and went for the smartcan system as it then uses the existing bike controls to change settings of the lights on the go. What really swung it for me though was the plug and play and not having to cut into any wiring

What really swung it for me though was the plug and play and not having to cut into any wiring

Shouldn't really have to cut into any wiring to add spots.

I just used a Fuzeblock for all my accessories & the GPS lead that's switched.

My £20 spots have their own, illuminated, switch and are either "on" or "off". That's enough for me!!

D

I read all the posts with interest but in the end went for Denali.
I went for a Denali smartcan, D2 spots, Soundbomb and auxiliary brake light - bloody expensive but as the bike is a keeper I decided to splash out. Very impressed with the Denali kit, fitting was super easy with the only problem a duff smartcan which was quickly sorted by R&G Racing.
The only point against is Denali do not sell blanking plugs for any lead not used, in my case it was light set 1.

I read all the posts with interest but in the end went for Denali.
I went for a Denali smartcan, D2 spots, Soundbomb and auxiliary brake light - bloody expensive but as the bike is a keeper I decided to splash out. Very impressed with the Denali kit, fitting was super easy with the only problem a duff smartcan which was quickly sorted by R&G Racing.
The only point against is Denali do not sell blanking plugs for any lead not used, in my case it was light set 1.

Costly yes...

But once you switch them on at night..

The cost melts away..

As night turns to day..

Back
Top Bottom