LED spot lights

Evening all,

So GS800, LED lights clearly the topic, best place I can see to place my question to the forum, appreciate last was with regards to addition to the stock.
My non official BMW servicing station (that actually cares for me and bike :)) have been advising changing the front headlight due to burns on the refractors for 3 years and maybe its time to do something about it especially when I can see a good looking affordable LED plug and play. I'm not often caught out in the dark but more daytime presence wouldn't be a bad thing. Again I think it looks really cool, therefore sold.
Anyone fitted the LED option link below? Looks great however reading problems from the equivalent of UK MOT in Spain that it might have problems costing up to 500 euros to officially resolve with all paperwork worries me a little, maybe it was designed for US market only?
Anyone response and reviews from UK having fitted it great, if you've since got through (EU) MOT no problems even better. It wouldn't be the first thing I have to swap out before MOT time if I have to.

Hi, I have had one of these lights for over a year now,Very brite,It is very noticeable that car drivers see you better in the day time. The dip is very wide at night, the main beam does not make a lot of difference. passed mot without question..E marked
I paid £295 delivered off flea bay UK suppied ...not much more than the original replacement, which would probably burn out again before the LED does :rolleyes:

So, update on auxiliary lights for 2022, what's good and fits on the 800? Thinking about running lights rather than help in the dark

I can recommend the Skene controller - https://www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk...intelligent-lighting-controller-smart-dimmer/
I now have it with Denali S4's (on my Guzzi v85TT) and I am delighted. I run the lights at 30% power when on dip beam or DRL mode. Then 100% on full beam. That way I don't dazzle oncoming vehicles. The Skene is really easy to switch from 1-10 for dip beam power (10% increments from off to 100%), full beam is always 100%

Originally I bought some cheap ebay LED lights, which worked well for a while (with the Skene), but after a 330 mile ride last November (I also left the bike outside in Devon whilst I was visiting) in cold and wet, I got home to find one of the lights flickering with moisture inside, which got even worse as I washed the salt off the bike.

Buy cheap buy twice.

The S4's from Denali work well with the Skene, whereas I understand the D4 does not (something to do with datadim or something). I have D4's on my GS, and they are brilliant, but the S4's are almost as good, and they're smaller so a bit less obvious on the bike... Very impressed with the S4 / Skene setup :)
. I was going to use a THINDERBOX as well (to wire-in other accessories like heated grips and GPS etc) but have managed without so far...

The Skene makes wiring easier because you only need to tap into the full beam on your bike, and take a feed off the battery. The Skene effectively has the relay and fuse built-in so really easy to wire-up

No CANBUS issues with Skene or Thunderbox...

Review of Thunderbox if you are interested...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xPNJENcKno4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom