1290 SAS Fuel leak!

Max's dad

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had anything similar?

Riding through West Yorkshire yesterday heading home, stopped at red light and noticed very strong petrol smell. Looked down couldn't see nothing immediatley evident so carried on. Bit further along and toe slipped on gear shifter, looked down and clear liquid pissing out all over my foot from front of engine area.

Pulled up fuel everywhere but couldn't see where from. No toolkit onboard due to stupid carbon casnister under seat so it's a 4 hour wait for RAC.

Anyway after taking every panel off the bike a putting them back on, fault found to be the jubilee clip holding a join in the fuel pipe just above the front header had slipped up the pipe and the join had worked its way out.

New clip fitted all good, no leaks go home.

Slightly concerned though about how close was I to becoming a big ball of flame as fuel ended up all over the engine and my left leg!!!!

But think of the insurance payout.

You could have got a GS.

Glad your ok; thanks for posting, hopefully the rest of the Orange brigade give their bike a quick check too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

But think of the insurance payout.

You could have got a GS.

Glad your ok; thanks for posting, hopefully the rest of the Orange brigade give their bike a quick check too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ha, I might have to look elsewhere. The SAS replaced a GSA that i only kept for 18 months from new after multiple issues including new cams and corrosion everywhere. Might have to go back to a Ducati Multistrada as that was fault free for 4 years!!

Back
Top Bottom